LegacyGT.com

Why does this happen?

Every time I pull a U-Turn ( a quick one ), I get thuds in the steering as it goes from full turned back to straight?.. Could it be low tire pressure? Tires in general? Power steering problems? Help!

Current Mileage 55,192...

I dont get the whine when I turn but I definately get it as I accelerate. Thank the lord for LGT gear whine haha.. 1-2 definately, once I engage into third it disappears

Now I know that Subaru's are symetric awd but does this not sound like it could possibly be a axle/CV issue?

my moms Forester has done this from day 1 on sharp turns. She also eventually had the whine which I think was fixed by changing the power steering belt. it wasnt a screech.. it was a whine. OR the whine was because it was REALLY cold and I think the fluid can thicken up? It doesnt do it in the summer or warmer months.. the whine. The other u-turn thing it still does. lol

Also check your power steering fluid reservoir. I remember one time hearing a humming coming from my car whenI had the steering wheel all of the way over at low speeds. My father recommended that I check my steering fluid and when I checked, it was below the 'low' mark. After adding some fluid, everything was good.

thanks guys , i really appreciate it. I'm going to get it looked at on Friday. I should ask them to inspect my balljoint...anything else? how long does this repair take? I have a bumper to bumper warranty.. I hope it gets covered!

Also check your power steering fluid reservoir. I remember one time hearing a humming coming from my car whenI had the steering wheel all of the way over at low speeds. My father recommended that I check my steering fluid and when I checked, it was below the 'low' mark. After adding some fluid, everything was good.

my reservoir is topped off, I also had loose belts and got that all tightened. Maybe the cold weather is playing a trick on my leggy. Now when i do cold starts, my car screeches =/ it's happend twice.

my reservoir is topped off, I also had loose belts and got that all tightened. Maybe the cold weather is playing a trick on my leggy. Now when i do cold starts, my car screeches =/ it's happend twice.

Happens to me during the winter months too. Usually not until we get to the negative temps though.

Archived