LegacyGT.com

Took off the snow tires.....

... and wouldn't you know it, we are supposed to get 6+ inches of snow tonight :eek: . These late Winter (oops, I mean early Spring) storms usually melt within a day or so.

I love snow but man, I am ready for Spring to arrive. This is ridiculous. Good thing the car is still a Subaru!!!

... and wouldn't you know it, we are supposed to get 6+ inches of snow tonight :eek: . These late Winter (oops, I mean early Spring) storms usually melt within a day or so.

I love snow but man, I am ready for Spring to arrive. This is ridiculous. Good thing the car is still a Subaru!!!

...and thought better of it (I'm sure 'laziness' came into play somewhere, too)....we've been fooled before by ol' Ma Nature into thinking it was springtime LONG before it really was. They're got me slotted for 1-4" of the white stuff in Western NJ, too. Can't wait for the commute tomorrow...

So, is it nice to be running on your RE-92's again? heh heh ;)

Tim G.

Yeah, real nice ! I'll run them through this year and then switch them out after next winter (unless of course they get so bad that I have no choice). That'll give me enough time to research which tires to get.

-mark

Guest *Jedimaster*
Never take the all seasons off in the Northeast until after April 1st. I want my summer wheels and tires on too- but I've heard up to 10 inches by tomorrow morning!!!! :eek:

And it's all your fault! If you hadn't taken them off, you wouldn't be getting any snow.

Same principle as when I wash my car...

Around here we really can't take them off until almost May -- and they go back on around mid Oct.

Same here in Colorado. Which is why I went with Micheline Pilot Sport A/S. PERFECT in the snow and makes my OBXT handle just as well as a stock LGT. Trust me I've had LGT's as loaners from my dealer.

Of course they were $870 (installed at Costco) but it beats the whole tire swap thing and having to deal with squirmy snow tires.

The RE92's are passable in the snow, especially only 4 inches in a place that uses salt.

Ya, the stock are good enough that I can't see replacing them w/ dedicated snows until I run through 'em. I swear by Dunlop SP Winter Sport M2s for great snow tires that are very nice in the dry as well, not squirmy at all.

Archived