LegacyGT.com

sway, bars, mounts, bushings - oh my!

KurtP

Spend a chunk of the day putting stuff on the legacy...

Whiteline adj sways FR w/ bushings

AVO rear sway mount

Groupe-N tranny mout

Kartboy F/R shifter bushings, Shifter w/bushing, 2/4 shift linkage bushings(more on that later)

I have to say everything I did was well worth the upgrade. The car feels great, and very connected now. I realllllly recommend doing all the shifter bushings. They all made a difference. I only got 2/4 of the shift linkage bushings in, because I couldnt get the bolt out of the horizontal set. I saw a set screw, which im guessing has to come out to remove the linkage housing before you can get the bolt out to deal with the bushings. I wasnt sure how it came out and decided to leave the last 2. Ill probably go back and finish the job when I know what has to happen, but the shifter feels AMAZING as it is.

I was well on pace to getting my rear differential bushing kit in when I hit a huge road block that is going to prove to be expensive down the road. I couldnt get it loose with a hand wrench, so I fitted the socket to the bolts on the side housing... and once I was sure I had the right fitment, I put it on the air gun. I pulled the trigger and the bolt didnt budge. The socket just rounded all the edges right off the bolt. Ive never seen that happen before in my life with a proper fitted socket. At first I thought I had made a huge dumb dumb error and used a socket one size too big(wasnt sure how I could have, as I said, I did fit the socket first), but when I checked it on the bolt next to it, it was the correct fit. Im not sure if I did something wrong, as in the bolt wasnt supposed to back out that way, but it just didnt budge. Im guessing Ill have to have the bolt cut out at this point, which pisses me off greatly.

All in all I got most of everything I set out to get done today except the diff bushings and those two shifter bushings. I am certainly open to advice.

Next up for install are the AVO caster bushings and the whiteline steering rack bushings. I dont particularly want to do either of them myself, and I imagine with having to have everything pressed on the caster bushings, I may have to do the steering rack bushings myself purely from a cost stand point.

Archived