LegacyGT.com

All Season Tires

shopper

I am looking for a good set of all season tires. I am looking for 215/45R17. I have found some Goodyear EAGLE GT's for around $100. Are these tires any good? I was also looking at Falken Ziex, Continental Contiextremecontact, and Kumho ASX. what are everyones opinions. Im not too worried about the price differences between these.

Depends on where you live and what's most important.

Contiextremecontacts are rated the best for snow traction. Eagle GTs are also pretty good, but might be a little noisier than the other ones you listed.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

912s (and 512s) wear supposedly fast.

How many miles do you have on them?

Krzys

Neither of us put too many miles on our cars. The Forester has only about 4000miles on the 912s and MY06LGT has only about 3050km (1895miles) since I put the 912s on last June.

Lloyd M. 2006 GRP LGT 5EAT Sedan [For Sale]

If you're going to run in the snow with an all season tire, I'd recommend the conti extremes. It's also a great tire in the rain/slush and is reasonable on dry pavement.

Agreed, a little noisy but at the top of the heap in terms of snow/slush traction.

If you're going to run in the snow with an all season tire, I'd recommend the conti extremes. It's also a great tire in the rain/slush and is reasonable on dry pavement.

+1. I would price out the newer Conti Extreme DWS also. It is supposedly quieter than the old one.

The ASX works okay in the snow too but not nearly as well as the Conti.

i went through 75% of the tread with the contixtreme contacts in 20k miles. I drive fairly conservative but in the city when not driving in the snow/mountains during the winter. I am hesitant to get them again as they do not have a tread warranty. thinking about Eagle Gt's due to warranty and $50 rebate going on now. anyone else have issues with tread life on these tires?

My brother runs Eagle GT's on his Accord and I whipped the shit out of it and was extremely impressed with the level of grip. They're also pretty quiet tires and very affordable. I personally run Bridgestone RE960AS's on my LGT and I'm very happy with them, although I can't speak on snow traction yet.

I used to run RE960AS's and loved them. Recently a friend (STi) turned me on to the Eagle GT's and I am impressed with them as well. I think the Eagle GT is a little noisier then the 960 but the GT seems to hold hard corning better by a very thin margin. My STi friend was impressed with the GT's early season snow handling for being an all season tire. But, we both run dedicated snows in the winter. I am running 225/45/17.

Sounds like you are looking at good tires and probably can't go wrong with any of you choices.

Cheers,

Mike

My LGT is just a commuter car...back and forth to work. Don't really care about the tire's performance. If they are round and hold air I'm happy. I stop by the tire shop that my buddy manages and ask for the cheapest thing he has laying around then drive em till they don't hold air anymore. I think I have some Mastercraft's on it right now. LOL

On the vehicles I have that are performance oriented I buy good tires....on a daily beater it doesn't matter.

I loved my Eagle GT's and will be getting them as soon as possible :)

I just picked up a set of Goodyear Eagle GTs to replace the Kumho Ecsta AST's. I was very very unhappy with the AST especially in the wet. So far I've pushed the GTs harder than I ever felt comfortable pushing the ASTs and I've only had the GTs for <1wk.:lol:

AND the Goodyear Eagles GTs are made in the good ole USofA.:cool: I don't mind paying a few dollars more for keeping an American employed.

Archived