LegacyGT.com

Marin Subaru fixed my water leak

lgt_nube

Last Tuesday while driving in a hard rain (the first of the season), water started leaking onto my left leg and the floor carpet. I drove my 2005 LGT Wagon to the dealer, Marin Subaru (and Mazda) in San Rafael, California. The car has near 90,000 miles and I have a no-deductible Subaru extended warranty until 100,000 miles. They took the car, gave me a free rental car, found that they needed to order a new window weather stripping, ordered it then installed it and I got my car back late Friday. No hassle, no cost to me. They also kept my car inside until the fix so it wouldn't leak more water.

Of course it's not raining now so I'm assuming the leak is fixed :-)

Hmm.. I'm at 64k miles on my 05 LGT. I'm starting to get all sorts of little things going wrong (squeaky clutch, outside thermometer not working properly, creaky drivers seat, dash rattle, etc...). How does that warranty work? How much did it cost?
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Sorry to hear you're getting a bunch of little stuff going wrong. I've been lucky and still don't have any creaks or rattles. Anyway, I got the Subaru extended warranty from the dealer when I bought the car from them (used, 1 1/2 years old and 25,000 miles). My car was new enough to qualify for the "New Subaru" plans, and I got the Gold Plus (vs. Classic) plan which provides essentially the same coverage as the basic factory warranty. The plans come with various time and mileage limits, and the price is whatever the dealer can get from you for it. Mine, the new car Gold Plus plan for 6 years/100,000 (total) miles, cost $1,700. I think any Subaru dealer can sell you these plans so you can shop (I didn't). I don't know which plan your car would qualify for. You'd have to ask a dealer.

Hmm.. I'm at 64k miles on my 05 LGT. I'm starting to get all sorts of little things going wrong (squeaky clutch, outside thermometer not working properly, creaky drivers seat, dash rattle, etc...). How does that warranty work? How much did it cost?

Archived