LegacyGT.com

HELP ME please

I have a 97 legacy gt 2.5 today I was letting it warm up I went outside and it sounded like it was having trouble getting air through the intake. i turned it of then tried to restart the car. The car would turn on and then struggle for air and die down. I was thinking it could be the mass air flow sensor any ideas

try disconnecting the electrical connector on the air mass meter when the car starts and if it run's smoother it very means a new air mass meter is needed (though always but very often)

i need one but £323.16p from main dealer !!! OUCH , better off to be sure to find a garage with plug in diagonostics on a laptop etc , in bristol this is only £35 for 30mins , and it stops all the guess work too , which get very very time consuming and expensive if you start buying unneccasary sensors as most parts suppliers will not allow return of electical parts unless faulty etc.

cheers Pete

if it's not electrical or anything, check the snorkle routed through the fender, the airbox itself, the filter, or the torque box toward the throttle body for any signs of wear or obstructions. i know it's a stupid question, but did you check the filter? :D haha

if you can find the plug in diagnostics (OBD hook-up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel) at a shop or if you have the equiptment, that will give you a good reading of what might be the problem electrically.

Archived