GT Owners: Auto or Manual?

Auto or Maunal  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Auto or Maunal

• Auto
    • 5MT
    • 6MT (Spec B)
    • I didn't get a GT

auto, who wants to saw gears through a 31 mile super hilly commute for an hour and a half 1 way every day?

the last thing I need is some jerkoff lawyer getting on my ass and then raising hell when I roll back into him in his $150k 7 series.

(and yes.. I know an EXPERIENCED driver probably wouldn't have this problem.. but considering how often I've driven a manual on the street, I'm not all that experienced in it either.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Auto. It's the wife's car and driving a manual in LI traffic absolutely sucks. Unfortunately driving the LGT with an auto in traffic sucks almost as bad because the car can't decide what gear it wants to be in.

My truck is also an auto but, IMO, you'd have to be brain damaged to buy a full size work truck with a manual where I live.

i drive my 5mt in traffic everyday to & from work everyday and wouldn't have it any other way. sure riding in 1st gear for 10 miles home isn't exactly thrilling, but on saturdays when i'm the only idiot going to work at 5am you can't deny the feeling of banging through the gears and making your engine scream.

I chose a 5eat much much more reliable then there 5 or 6 spd manuals. and with a torque converter upgrade the the 5eat can handle up to 600 hp. Go 5eat and there is hardly any performance loss 5eat vs manual love the sport shift

I just traded in a 2005 GT with auto for a 2008 Spec.B predominantly because I wanted a manual transmission. I bought the 5EAT originally because I did not like the feel of the 5MT shifter and heavyish clutch for my daily driver since I live in Washington DC. Now, I still drive mostly through the city, but the clutch on the spec. is much easier to modulate in traffic and the 6 MT with the short shift kit is much more enjoyable and precise.

I loved my 2005 and if they came with a 6MT at the time, I most likely would never get rid of it.

I see a lot of people mentioning how the manual option will be gone in a few years . . . you guys know who got the shaft with the 2010 LGT, right? lol (not that I'd buy one anyway)

Go 5eat and there is hardly any performance loss 5eat vs manual

I own a 5EAT and have driven both stock and at stage 2, and as much as I wish that were true, it's simply not.

I see a lot of people mentioning how the manual option will be gone in a few years . . . you guys know who got the shaft with the 2010 LGT, right? lol (not that I'd buy one anyway)

I own a 5EAT and have driven both stock and at stage 2, and as much as I wish that were true, it's simply not.

Captainhook is right. I've owned both, and there is a big difference. Not that it has kept me from having fun with the car though. With my new 68hta on E85 the car is a blast to drive, even for an auto.

My mate searched through Tokyo for 10 day in order to find an MT Legacy in the condition that i wanted it in!

And i had to wait 8 months in order for him to go to Japan anw, where as if i settled on a AT i would had got it right away!:lol:

But boy it was sure worth it!:wub:

Manual...no questions. Unless I had another car in my garage that I could really get on which had a MT transmission, then i guess id go for a 5EAT. It makes the driving experience much more worth it for me, to have that stick shift & the 3rd pedal. Girls are more impressed, you can control which gear youre in 100% of the time. I get very annoyed when driving any automatic, as its not uncommon to get stuck inbetween gears. I hate the lag that is characteristic of autos when you step on the gas, but have to wait for the transmission to downshift before you can accelerate. To me, 5 spds are much more rewarding.

Archived