LegacyGT.com

Nice $150k + Crossfire guido......oh wait that"s a new Panamera!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Maserati is not a gorgeous sedan in my opinion. It looks like a turn of the century Buick, with it's ovoid LeSabre like grille, hell it even has port holes in the front fenders like a Park Avenue. That and the Quattroporte is overweight, and costs more than other cars offering more features.

The Porsche looks like a Porsche, the interior looks amazing, and the car, according to reviews, is one of the best four door drivers cars ever made.

Separated at birth?

You beat me to it, pictures and all. I love the Maserati Granturismo but am NOT a fan of the Quattroporte.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

Some Arab was showing his off at the mall last week. It's not that bad looking in person, but just the fact that some hood-rich Arab was showing it off in the front of the mall and blocking traffic left quite a distaste in my mouth. I like the fact Porsche put some proper aspect ratio GT tires on it rather than some rubber bands. I'd still take a 456GT over it though...even with 2 less doors because I <3 Ferrari GT's (Thanks for the pr0n Philt, that's one of my favorite cars ever!).

That is all you really had to say to convey that something tacky or in bad taste was going on.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:Zing!:lol::lol::lol:But true at the same time. Isn't this is an Arab owned car, as well?

http://panachereport.com/channels/hip%20hop%20gallery/images/gold-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-3_aWViK_52.jpg

when top gear reviewed the Panamera during the race versus the Royal mail, it really made me not like the car even more. the interior though, don't get me wrong is really fantastic but the exterior of the car really does not make up for it. i will only stare at the front if i was given the car to look at from the outside for a day.

i would also think this in terms of choices over this car:

Bently Continental GT Flying Spur/Maserati Quatroporte/BMW M5/Aston Martin Rapid/Mercedes related competitor/Lamborghini 4 door sedan concept > Porsche Panamera.

i am dissapointed from reading that the aston martin rapid rear passenger space is not as good as it is.

when top gear reviewed the Panamera during the race versus the Royal mail, it really made me not like the car even more. the interior though, don't get me wrong is really fantastic but the exterior of the car really does not make up for it. i will only stare at the front if i was given the car to look at from the outside for a day.

i would also think this in terms of choices over this car:

Bently Continental GT Flying Spur/Maserati Quatroporte/BMW M5/Aston Martin Rapid/Mercedes related competitor/Lamborghini 4 door sedan concept > Porsche Panamera.

i am dissapointed from reading that the aston martin rapid rear passenger space is not as good as it is.

I like your opinion, you actually have proper tastes in 4 door supercars.

I forgot to mention to the Bently Flying Spur, it has monster power but way more class than the Conti GT coupe.

^ Oh look, a heavy, underpowered (now for it's class), overpriced, fuel guzzling, Buick porthole and grille wearing, Fiat sedan.

In fact put a Buick symbol in the grille in place of the Maserati trident and you'd never know it wasn't a Buick.

^ Oh look, a heavy, underpowered (now for it's class), overpriced, fuel guzzling, Buick porthole and grille wearing, Fiat sedan.

In fact put a Buick symbol in the grille in place of the Maserati trident and you'd never know it wasn't a Buick.

So what's your opinion of the Flying Spur? still underpowered?

http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bentley-flying-spur-pearl-white-edition.jpg

So what's your opinion of the Flying Spur? still underpowered?

http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bentley-flying-spur-pearl-white-edition.jpg

The Bentley is a nice car, and looks quite nice. No Buick like features about it. I also like the looks of the new Mulsanne (everyone else seems to despise it), sadly I do not find myself in the right socioeconomic demographic to be able to afford either one.:spin:

Sorry but the Maserati has never floated my boat, it is too big to be a proper home for such a peaky screaming engine. Big cars like that need big torque, effortless torque at all engine speeds. If they happen to be happy running up to over 6,000 RPM's then so much the better, but they should make serious twist down low too. The Maserati fails at this. The port holes in the fenders also rub me the wrong way.

The Bentley on the other hand.... excels at making big silly amounts of torque all over the RPM range. For that matter in Turbo form, so does the Panamera. I know we will not agree but I think the Panamera is a good looking car, especially in a dark metallic color or white with the 20" BBS style wheels. I know I am in the minority on this, but I am a form follows function kind of guy and the Panamera is purposeful in it's looks and I like that.

This

v

I never thought the quattroporte was a good looking car. It looks ungainly and has the mouth of whale shark. The GranTurismo on the other hand is stunning.

The Aston Martin Rapide is what I'd put my money into.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Add snow to the problem then let's talk.

Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass about snow. If I can afford a BMW 760Li chances are good I can also afford something very snow worthy too, like a Land Cruiser with winter tires on it. In fact the Land Cruiser is something I would rather have than the Audi too, much more capable AWD system, it can tow quite a bit, has plenty of ground clearance, overall a great vehicle.

Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass about snow. If I can afford a BMW 760Li chances are good I can also afford something very snow worthy too, like a Land Cruiser with winter tires on it. In fact the Land Cruiser is something I would rather have than the Audi too, much more capable AWD system, it can tow quite a bit, has plenty of ground clearance, overall a great vehicle.

Most of our customer's have a car like an S8 as their winter beater/dd and have things like GT2s and the such as their toy cars. Of course a few of them have things like Cayenne GTS's too. Sorry I kind of never got the whole bimmer fanboy thing especially after it became Bangle Motor Works. If anything the Banglized cars lost a lot of the sporty look I thought BMW had as compared to MB and Audi. As always that is a personal opinion though.

Archived