LegacyGT.com

GI: TP's Local Partout

tommypenguin

Yep... I drove 3 Acura Legends (hence my screen name). Sold my '87 Coupe with 268k miles. Still ran perfect. Sold my '93 Coupe TypeII 6-speed with 186k miles. Ran perfect too. Also had a '95 Sedan that I feared might have a blown head gasket so I traded that in on the wife's Accord. My son just bought a '95 Civic.

The '09 Coupe is definitely cool but I'd say wait until 2011. Buying new is a huge waste of money, IMHO. I'd shop for something ~3 years old. That's the sweet spot where you can pick up a car for close to half price that is still in the current model run.

That’s definitely the way to go, ideally I would like to find one of the listed vehicles with 10-20k miles on them a couple years old. When I got my legacy I bought it 1 year old with 10k miles on it and got it for 23k. No reason in taking the depreciation beating from buying a brand new car.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If sways fall through, I will take both.

How's the wheels' condition? weight?

Thanks.

Both sets of wheels are in great shape. The winter wheels are flawless and the 18" summer wheels are in great shape except one wheel has just a little bit of lip rash, maybe 1 inch long. I'm not sure on the weight but I would guess probably 22lbs a wheel, absolutely no evidence behind that guess. :redface: Sorry I've been lazy about getting pics up guys, they will be up hopefully by next weekend at the latest.

Interested in the intake, will it fit a stock LGT? Just want to be clear on that before commiting to anything.

It will fit no problem, the extension is only necessary to clear my fmic piping going into the fender well it is an additional piece, on a stock LGT, you would just not install that piece... Bump for lowered FMIC pricing, do not want to have to ship this thing.

I’ve just about rounded up all stock parts needed to go back to stock and am on schedule to have parts available by Monday night. If you have called dibs on anything please make arrangements with me via pm to meet up and pick up the parts next week. I am available on pretty much every week night after 530 pm during the week and I always have the weekend off.

Hey Nick, did anybody end up picking the winter wheel/tire set up? If not, please let me know. I need to get winter tires ASAP, and would be willing to trade my stock rims + tires.

Thanks!

-Sergei

They are still available but I have a buyer that is supposed to be picking up the wheels and tires this week. I will call him tomorrow and double check to make sure he is still claiming them, if not, you're next in line. The first parts have been coming off. Got my sti strut bar off and sold. Everything else will hopefully be available by tomorrow.

As for cars, I'm definiltey taking legend's advice and not going to get anything newer than a 06 to get a great deal. I really am leaning toward an 06 TL 6 speed, possibly 06 accord coupe 6 speed, or possibly a nissan altima se-r 6 speed. Out of those 3, the altima is in last place, though my friend has one and its a nice car, interior can't touch honda let alone acura though. I accept I'm a car guy and ultimately would be wanting to be in one at some point if I got a truck.

Below is a pic of what going back to stock looks like from stage 3, the whole car was full of parts. The last drive has been driven given my setup, end of an era today for me.

DSCF0057.thumb.jpg.70f8aab1b41bf382366d9f38e029449f.jpg

^ sad stuff, it was equally sad to see my old WRX get loaded up on a car trailer for shipping to VA. It's never easy when you've put that much work into it.

Anyway, definitely let me know about the winter set. I know there's a line and all, but I desperately need them at this point.

-Sergei

TP, I'll pass on the intake. I'll keep what I've got. I will take the lights covers though. All 3 pairs. 25 total? You available tomorrow, I've got to get to HR at some point. Let me know, out of town on business all next week.

TP, I'll pass on the intake. I'll keep what I've got. I will take the lights covers though. All 3 pairs. 25 total? You available tomorrow, I've got to get to HR at some point. Let me know, out of town on business all next week.

25 bucks for all 3 pairs, and I'll throw in the blue fog light covers in for free if you want them. I unfortunately don't have time to meet up tomorrow but can during the week or in your case next weekend. Let me know when you want to meet up.

Consider the winter wheels sold, the original member who wanted them is going to meet up with me this week to do the swap.

Damn ... I was really hoping to not have to drop $500 on a new set of winter tires. Do you need any of the stock parts that I sent you in my PM? If you do, I'd be interested in trading for that rear strut bar.

-Sergei

• 1 month later...

Archived