LegacyGT.com

STi part-out

garageXTi

is it a MT? If so, how about your shift knob. I am pretty sure both the sti and leggy share the same thread pattern and it would be a direct swap. Id be happy to send you my leggy stocker knob if your willing to part with yours. thoughts and location?

shift knob should fit.

they dont change it for a different model car from the same company...not like the lug bolt patterns.

however...the shift boot and the like is a little different..also the shift knob for sti/b spec is shorter..and if you put it on the 5mt..it looks REALLY out of place because the 5mt has a ring or something that holds the shift boot high and with the stock shift knob..makes it seem seamless or as if it were a one piece deal.

the 6mt doesn't have that effect because of the reverse lock out function. so the shift boot sits lower

thanks scoobiedoobie!

Going through the PM's now - - will have prices shortly.

not sure about the front diff, coldradio, but that would be going with the trans anyways.

and darkness is right about the shifter--it's pretty different, but you could still prob. put the STi knob on if you didn't mind it looking a little funky.

The STi knob fits. All Subaru's use 12x1.25 threads for the shift knob... same as the lug nuts. Ask me how I know. The 6MT knob doesn't have the collar for the shift boot, but that can be remedied with sufficient use of a washer and a 12x1.25 nut.

GarageXTi is a great seller. There is a whole bunch of cool bits us Legacy guys can use!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The STi knob fits. All Subaru's use 12x1.25 threads for the shift knob... same as the lug nuts. Ask me how I know. The 6MT knob doesn't have the collar for the shift boot, but that can be remedied with sufficient use of a washer and a 12x1.25 nut.

GarageXTi is a great seller. There is a whole bunch of cool bits us Legacy guys can use!

Thanks Bac! Yeah...there is a lot of sweet stuff that can transfer over. Figured some brave soul would want the front seats at least...

shift knob IS available, and it's mint.

screen name on subaruforester.org is the same-- GarageXTi if you need more feedback. It's GarageDefeat over on NASIOC.

CLOSED. OP, send me a PM. all your threads are for sale and you some how manage to sell a lot of parts for used cars or totaled cars. You must become a vendor if you want to continue.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived