LegacyGT.com

Subaru Navigation Discs

spect2k

In reference to the Subaru stock navigation system:

My 08 spec B came with version 2.0 but I quickly upgraded to version 3.0.

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/catalog.php?id=186

I notice that there is a new navigation disc that came out with the 2010 legacy.

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/catalog.php?id=1209

Any chance that this new disc for the 2010 will work on my 08? I see that the MY is not listed on the newest disc, but I am hopeful

Yea, the 3.0 is absolute poop. I never used the 2.0 that much, but I can't imagine that it is much worse than the 3.0. It knows no locations, it is missing streets all over the place, it is super limited, and completely dated. Really a very poor nav system compared to other cars. The 3.0 is definitely not worth the upgrade.

I just discovered that the '10 legacy I picked up this week had the 2.1 version while the 2.2 version has been out for a couple of months. Since the house I've lived in for four years isn't on the map, I'd like the new version.

I guess this is the first chance for the dealer to demonstrate their post sale customer service.

• 1 month later...
Yea, the 3.0 is absolute poop. I never used the 2.0 that much, but I can't imagine that it is much worse than the 3.0. It knows no locations, it is missing streets all over the place, it is super limited, and completely dated. Really a very poor nav system compared to other cars. The 3.0 is definitely not worth the upgrade.

I'm glad that I found your post. I was ready to purchase the version 3.0 disk. Is the part number for version 2.0 86283AG23A? Unless I'm typing in the wrong thing, I can't seem to be able to confirm if the disks are the same for the Tribeca/Legacy/Outback or if they are all different.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
According to the store.kenwood.com site, there are two different types of navigation software for Subarus. For my 2008 Legacy Outback (and some other models and years), the current version seems to be Part # 8628XA03A (Ver. 5.0), which lists for $238.00. There's a completely different product for the Legacy and Outback 2010 model year. So I think that may clear up some of the uncertainty. But now my question is whether one might save a few bucks by buying elsewhere, maybe used and/or a slightly earlier version. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Archived