LegacyGT.com

Clutch Sound / Noise

spect2k

So the last two times I brought my car in, I mentioned to the dealer about this sound that they keep telling me is normal.

With the car running, with the clutch fully depressed, when the driver begins to come off the clutch, in any gear including neutral, there is a audible pop sound from the outside of the car. I usually hear this in the morning when I first turn on the car because it is in the garage and the noise echoes loudly. You can hear it when you are outside as well, but the window or door needs to be open. Again, this only happens when the car is running and in any gear including neutral. It doesn't happen with the car off. - I'm told twice that this is normal.

Just recently, aside from that sound, I now notice that when I begin to release the clutch, car on or off and in any gear including neutral, there is an audible creaking noise from inside the car. The creaking noise is at the very bottom of the pedal release, well before the clutch begins to catch.

The car is driving perfectly fine and the only abnormality is the sound. Any ideas as to what it may be and should I bring it back to the dealer to have it looked at again. I am at 33K on my spec B and I don't want this to end up costing me a fortune once out of warranty.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived