LegacyGT.com

air bag warning light on

any possible solutions?

Don't crash.

Seriously, even if someone gives you an solution, would you think it is okay to get rid of the light, knowing that there's a possibility it might only be hiding some problems with the airbag? Just bring it to the dealer...

Are you sure it is the airbag light? When I swapped my filter, the check engine light and 'cruise' light came on. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes to clear it and it didn't come back. Obviously, an airbag warning light is a different matter and one that I wouldn't want to erase until the dealer diagnoses it.

When I first bought my car back in June the passenger air bag light had issues. The light would stay on when the car was off, and the speedometer did not work for 3 days. I thought I bought a lemon at first. The dealer had it for 8 days and could not find out the problem. They tried to blame it on my XM radio.

i'll try disconnecting the battery in the morning i'll report back

edit: how do u disconnect battery :)

just realized he said it was a diff matter, shoudl i still try disconnecting battery? i never noticed it before i swapped the filters, that doesn't mean it hasn't bene ther ei just never noticed anything

Are you sure it's an airbag light? If it were me.....I would leave it on until the dealer checks it out.

To disconnect the battery and reset everything, you need a socket (10mm) I think. Disconnect the negative side (black). Press the brake pedal a couple of times to dainn any ambient current and wait about two minutes. Reconnect the terminal and you should be back in business.

Don't know if its related, but I had the airbag light come on a few days after installing my AP. The light came on for a few minutes, so I stopped and restarted the car and it didn't show up again. Wonder if I should mention it to the dealer (the airbag light that is, not the AP ;-))

Archived