LegacyGT.com

AP won't load maps, Comm Error

F1nALMSFan

Hello, I just got my AP this afternoon and while it will recognize my car as 08-09 LGT Specb, when I try to load any map I get a comm error. I have tried unhooking the cable numerous times, same thing, error message. Any ideas? Thanks a lot for any help. I look forward to going to stage 1 :).

Kevin

You need to have it in test mode while you are loading the map, and the key should be in the ON position.

Do you have the AP-SUB-002 or AP-SUB-003? I'm pretty sure you need the 003 for that year SpecB.

Might sound like an obvious suggestion but have you tried holding the AP bung into the OBD-II port, ie holding/pushing it in firmly while the AP is trying to communicate? I've read of a couple of members before who couldn't get the AP to communicate to the car because the plug wasn't in snug enough. Never know might be lucky, test connectors will need to be connected for you to communicate since you haven't gotten to marry your ap to your ecu. Good luck.

Well after talking with Cobb for the past two days they think it may be a problem with the AP although they did acknowledge that this problem has happened before. I am sending it back to them tomorrow and hopefully will get a working one sent back.

Update: Talked to Cobb today, it appears that the AP I recieved had a loose electrical wire which was the cause of my errors. They are sending me a new one today. I must say, I have read about people having problems with Cobb service, but I having nothing but good things to say about them. They have been very helpful and responsive to my problem. Other than sending me a broken AP of course ;)

Archived