LegacyGT.com

New Legacy/Outback ad campaign

I saw a new Legacy comercial last night on TV. It starts out with all the cars driving with either their front or rear tires in the air. You then see the Legacy on all four wheels. The ad says why drive on two wheels when you can drive on all four.

The commercial is fine. I really like the concept and the special effect. I just think the timing is off. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago it would have made sense but now, with more and more car models available with some form or AWD (I know we can argue about who's AWD is the best), I'm just not certain that this is going to be a distinguishing characteristic for Subaru.

I thought that Subaru was starting to emphasize performance and, in some cases, luxury to distinguish itself given that AWD isn't as unique as it once was. To that point, the ad features a Legacy GT...should they be showing how it really differs from the other cars in that it features not only AWD but luxury, safety and performance that are not available from any other car in its price range?

The commercial is fine. I really like the concept and the special effect. I just think the timing is off. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago it would have made sense but now, with more and more car models available with some form or AWD (I know we can argue about who's AWD is the best), I'm just not certain that this is going to be a distinguishing characteristic for Subaru.

I thought that Subaru was starting to emphasize performance and, in some cases, luxury to distinguish itself given that AWD isn't as unique as it once was. To that point, the ad features a Legacy GT...should they be showing how it really differs from the other cars in that it features not only AWD but luxury, safety and performance that are not available from any other car in its price range?

i'm just glad i'm finally seeing legacy commericials on telivision. I had never seen one before this ad campaign started.

I love watching that commercial of all the two-wheel drive cars just driving on their live axles.. just imagine cars actually doing wheelies and endos while only Subarus (and any other AWD cars) have all 4 wheels on the ground? It would be soo funny to just draft people on the highway AND parking a car would be soo easy.

Keefe

Keefe

I love watching that commercial of all the two-wheel drive cars just driving on their live axles.. just imagine cars actually doing wheelies and endos while only Subarus (and any other AWD cars) have all 4 wheels on the ground? It would be soo funny to just draft people on the highway AND parking a car would be soo easy.

Keefe

+1

The Legacy one is at least a bit comical.

The Outback 'road grip' commercial sucks though. Its just a bunch of animals climbing tress and running in the snow, then switched to an Outback on gravel.

Think. Feel. Drive. Subaru.

The Outback 'road grip' commercial sucks though. Its just a bunch of animals climbing tress and running in the snow, then switched to an Outback on gravel.

I actually like the Outback commercial better because of that four wheel spinning broadslide at the end (complete with engine roar). Very cool IMO.

They have you guys both talking about it. :lol:

Archived