LegacyGT.com

What performance mods can be done that don't compromise the warranty?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said you could or couldn't afford anything.

But new, light rims/tires, light battery, etc. simply isn't that cost effective when your ultimate goal is better performance.

IMO, you would be a lot happier with a stage 1 tune. It will give you better performance, retain your stock reliability, give you better than stock fuel economy, and won't give you warranty issues. (as long as you flash back to stock for dealer visits)

If you go the open-source route, it will cost you less than $200 total. And, as stated previously, mickeyD's stage1 map is probably your best bet if there is a revision for the 08. (which there should be)

So, you STFU, stupid-ass n00b. You are a good argument for new members having to spend a certain amount of time viewing the forums before they are allowed to post.

Seriously ..... if you are really concerned about warranty don't change a thing.

If you aren't concerned then certainly you will get tremendous benefit from suspension work like springs and sways. You may also consider brake work like new pads and fluid.

If you want to consider performance work then consider a new DP or better yet a gutted DP and reflash to stage 2 and you'll be very happy with the results.

Keep in mind that all of those things will compromise warranty...... but also keep in mind that some dealerships and more mod friendly than others.

I was stage 2 with upgraded TMIC, brakes, suspension, etc. before my warranty was even close to being up. Matter of personal choice I guess.

SPT catback, gut 1 cat from stock dp, Infamous1 stage 2 tune. Flash back to stock when seeing the dealer.

Don't waste your money on a AP just get a open source tune or you are worried about warranty keep it stock and stay happy

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Don't waste your money on a AP just get a open source tune or you are worried about warranty keep it stock and stay happy

I was thinking that the dealer would never notice any mods w/ one cat gutted and flashed back to stock map when being serviced. Open source tune ftw, yes.

Of course, you will always run a risk of voiding the warranty. But, I think this stage 2 upgrade would be very difficult for the dealer catch - unless you bring the car in with the stage 2 map on, and they test drive it. :lol:

If you really want to be truthful though, then yes, stay stock.

The OP definitely should trust his gut feeling over our advice. Experience exshmerience. Truth is, there is no battery...

http://videos.hspn.com/index.php?videoid=11

At the end of the video, if I'm not mistaken, he turns on the car and goes WOT.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

id recommend a haircut before driving. a also, always trim my pubes before hopping in the subie. lastly and most importantly, i used to love fat chicks....still do, but cant let them in my sweet whip cause i dont want to compromise my performance/weight ratio. ive downgraded to skinnier women, which is a real shame

• 1 month later...
It has been very very difficult with this warranty issue and even when I run out of warranty I don't want to blow the engine.

I did get an SPT exhaust just recently.

And I could prob get new springs and sway bars.

But that's all I can think of without compromising or putting danger on other parts of the car...

The two controversial mods that I am 50/50 on is ECU re-map and high performance air intake.

The ECU remap requires to increase PSI levels (which puts more strain on the parts)

What you guys think. What parts can I add or change to get more hp?

How about any parts I can change where I can lose weight (significant)?

Thanks!

I think drivetrain parts will be the most expensive to replace so if anything I personally wouldn't modify the transmission or the engine during the warranty period.

Archived