LegacyGT.com

2010 Buick Lacrosse

Some great reviews everywhere about this car...

I actually liked (a lot) the styling, and if I were looking for a sedan, that would be in the list for sure...

For the haters (performance aside) have you ever been inside one of those latest Buicks?? So quiet, so comfortable, really lexus like luxury for a fraction of the price...

Engine comments:

The new midlevel 3.0-liter V6 is far more pleasant than the old LaCrosse's ancient pushrod 3.8-liter V6, and there's also a base four-cylinder (which is frankly a little overmatched considering the LaCrosse's size) and an uplevel 3.6-liter V6

Some reviews:

http://www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2010/review.html

http://www.automobilesreview.com/auto-news/buick-transformation-continues-with-the-2010-lacrosse-luxury-sedan/8443/

http://automobile.automotive.com/114755/0908-2010-buick-lacrosse-cxs/index.html

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Don't laugh but I think I like the look of the new Taurus better. Buick maybe ruined for me since my mother-in-law owns one of those floaty boatys. Last Buick that made me look twice was the Grand National. Any Buick driver I see now I just want them to shut off their blinker and get out of the way.

http://www.fordpic.com/Ford/2009/09/2010-Ford_Taurus_SHO.jpg

If you're shopping that price range be sure to drive a Hyundai Genesis v6. It does what the Buick tries to do and does it better, all for within $2-3k of the same price. 50 more hp, 6spd auto, and the 10yr warranty.

The Lacrosse's only advantage is the available AWD model, something that would be unnecessary where I live but would help more in snow-prone areas.

Don't laugh but I think I like the look of the new Taurus better. Buick maybe ruined for me since my mother-in-law owns one of those floaty boatys. Last Buick that made me look twice was the Grand National. Any Buick driver I see now I just want them to shut off their blinker and get out of the way.

http://www.fordpic.com/Ford/2009/09/2010-Ford_Taurus_SHO.jpg

im ready to go test drive an sho today. :spin:

if you're shopping that price range be sure to drive a hyundai genesis v6. It does what the buick tries to do and does it better, all for within $2-3k of the same price. 50 more hp, 6spd auto, and the 10yr warranty.

The lacrosse's only advantage is the available awd model, something that would be unnecessary where i live but would help more in snow-prone areas.

+1:)

+1 for the SHO! Twin Turbo V6 drool.

Not a fan of FORD, but the new Mustang and SHO impress me.

The new mustang doesnt impress me, the one coming out might. DOHC 5.0 400hp/400trq in the GT. Talk about a upgrade finally getting rid of that POS 4.6 aka the joke of the V8 world.

Taurus = 4400lbs. FAIL!

Yes but its a luxury car not a sport sedan. 7 series 4300lbs, E500 4300lbs, 300c 4300lbs, CTS-3800lbs, STS-4300lbs, MX35-4100lbs, audi A8-4400lbs. All those cars have a big powerful engines to keep them up to speed, and the taurus is the same except it uses two turbos and 6 cylinders instead of a 8.

If you're shopping that price range be sure to drive a Hyundai Genesis v6. It does what the Buick tries to do and does it better, all for within $2-3k of the same price. 50 more hp, 6spd auto, and the 10yr warranty.

The Lacrosse's only advantage is the available AWD model, something that would be unnecessary where I live but would help more in snow-prone areas.

+1 It would pay you to cross shop the V6 Genesis.

However this model of Buick is quite nice if your leaning towards luxury rather than sport.

I didn't think I'd chuckle but I did. That'll teach you for telling people not to laugh. A good friend once offered me a bit of advice on buying motorcycles. You buy whatever turns your crank and who cares what others think. You can't buy something that doesn't make you slow down a bit and stare and grin when you think of the naughty things you're about to do with it.

If that car does that for you then buy it.

I'd rather have an ES350 than the Lacrosse. GM developed a new DI 3.0L and yet somehow the 3.6L variant is more powerful (well obviously) and gets better gas mileage. So the 3.0L Lacrosse is a fail IMO. 8+ seconds to hit 60 MPH.

The new mustang doesnt impress me, the one coming out might. DOHC 5.0 400hp/400trq in the GT. Talk about a upgrade finally getting rid of that POS 4.6 aka the joke of the V8 world.

Really a 5.0L? Will it be a 3 or 4 valve setup? Anyways the word impress might be a strong word, since I wouldn't trade my car in for one. Anyways out of the big three Ford stuck with a nice design and didn't pig out the weight compared to what GM/Dodge has, even though I'm more of a Dodge fan than a Ford fan. I only like the 2010+ version. It's also nice they have some factory like options for upgradeability, IE superchargers and such.

Really a 5.0L? Will it be a 3 or 4 valve setup? Anyways the word impress might be a strong word, since I wouldn't trade my car in for one. Anyways out of the big three Ford stuck with a nice design and didn't pig out the weight compared to what GM/Dodge has, even though I'm more of a Dodge fan than a Ford fan. I only like the 2010+ version. It's also nice they have some factory like options for upgradeability, IE superchargers and such.

The new 5.0 is supposed to be a 4 valve. Yes they do have factory option chargers these days, but the do cost ALOT to have them put on and not void the warrenty, try 10k more for 90 more hp.

Archived