LegacyGT.com

took the legacy to the strip finally

AWDxBOOST

basically stock right now, just bov and intake silencer removed so no powergains

best time was a 14.520 @ 94 mph with a 2.14 60'

this was just my first time runnin it before i get any deeper into it

comin really soon:

utec

turbo back

up pipe

turbo inlet

tmic

Very Nice!!! You've got a good engine, not weak nor a factory freak, but just right! what trim do you have? sedan or wagon? Were you able to weigh the car with you in it? Did you also have the track variables, Ie; temp, humidity, barokmetric pressure?

Like me, if you can improve that 60' by a tenth or two, you'll be squarely in the 14.20's. I haven't seen anyone run UTEC in our cars yet, well not any drag strips runs. I look forward to hearing about your progress down that path!

thanks for the support...i have a gt base sedan 5spd...its was nice weather, though the track was a lil bit slippery

ill definately bring up a new thread once everything is in...im waitin on my civic to sell this week before i order anything

get that 60' down for even better times. I ran a 14.1 @ 97 missing the 2-3 shift last friday. that was with a 1.9 60'. More than likely launching at 5k, I can get prob. get a 13.8 out of the ~stock~ legacy. I have a EBC on it.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Those #'s look pretty good.

Question for those who've been to the track: What are people normally launching at when at the track? any tips?

I was launching around 3500-4000, by just gently letting the clutch go. I did note that the closer to 4k I was the better the car did. Next time I will try 4k-4.5krpm.

EBC is a HKS EVC IV I bought off a friend, running 1 bar. I do have a utec on there but running the stock map until I get the rest of the mods done and have a reason to tune with it.

Question for those who've been to the track: What are people normally launching at when at the track? any tips?

I pulled a 13.9 @ 98mph by launching at about 3500-3800rpms and slipping the clutch. Never dump the clutch on an AWD!

If one can cut a 1.8 then I don't see why they couldn't get a 13.89-ish 1/4. I cut a 1.99 slipping the clutch at 4.5k rpm... I am by no means a self-proclaimed "good" driver (this was my first time at the track racing a manual) but I figured it only seemed right to launch at at least 4500-5000. Going to try and slip it a little better on the 5000 next time and get that 1.8 60' I'm looking for. of course by then I may have the other go-fast parts installed. ehh... eitherway, this car has some damn good potential for a 4-cyl stock!

Has anyone tried fluttering the gas rather than just holding it at say 3.5k rpm? I guess it is supposed to build a bit of boost pre-launch. I know a lot of the evo guys launch this way, maybe its just a faster road to broken driveline parts!
.o0O0o.

Yes, I tried the "fluttering technique," and it netted me a best 60' time of 1.927. I wasn't being very agressing with the flutter though...Next time I go out, I think I'm going to try the "normal" method of just holding at 4500 or so and slipping the clutch quickly.

Doug

I learned from racing a motorcycle, bliping the throttle is hit and miss. Consistant runs require everything happening the same every time. Watch the slower professional drag racers (pro stock, etc). They run to a set RPM and wait on the lights. They have slicks, you have AWD. And by slower, I'm speaking relatively since they are still darn quick in Pro Stock.

yea the blip isnt the most consistant way to race...i wonder if any of the 5eat guys have brake boosted from the light..?

i didnt even launch mine hard....3000 and slipped the clutch out easy...im much better suited for awd then my damn fwd civic...haha

Yeah, I think fluttering could take some practice. It is supposed to speed up your launch quite a bit though if you do it right. Basically a poor mans stutter box. Artificially load the engine so it starts to spool the turbo before you take off.
.o0O0o.

Archived