LegacyGT.com

Why no turbo H6 for Subaru?

limited budget. Subaru is small.

Be better off improving current 2.5L. New generation 2.5L that's lighter/stronger combined with direct injection/twinscroll would get you 350HP or so. Work on turbo placement (which is seems they are doing) to improve spool/efficiency.

Improving reliability for the tuner crowd would also be a good step. Horrible factory tunes/oil tube failures and broken ringlands don't really inspire confidence. Nor does the strength of the manual transmission in the non SpecB/STI. Also fairly limited by stock location of turbo.

No way. We are talking SRT4 here :lol:

Never under estimate an SRT-4 (first gen). The right mods and a good driver an SRT-4 might surprise you.:eek:

As for an SRT-8, (on the highway), forget about it. Car and Driver got 173 mph out of a 300 SRT-8.

We also match or beat SRT8's ........they're too heavy (and too expensive). Look up all the road tests....don't sell yourself short!

Your silly, i have friends with srt-8 charger and 300cs that have gone 13.2 at 109mph in the 1/4mile bone stock. A legacy is no where near that fast. Even the SRT-8 jeep runs a high 13 at 104mph. As for the new SRT4 caliber, let me say this, was in a 3 way 2nd gear roll race, 02 mustang GT 5 speed, 05 LGT 5EAT stage 2, 08 srt4 caliber. The caliber pulled a 1-2 cars on me and the 02 stang GT was 2 cars back from me when we stopped. The new SRT4 calibers are putting down 260whp stock and only weight 3200lbs.

Not gonna fight with you Guru......you had a real world experience....just Google the cars in question. SRT4's have shown times ranging from 5.6 to "low 6's". SRT8's ,Chargers,Challengers,etc around 4.8 to 5.4 Subaru states 5.1 stock for my car.....Look at the insane prices they command for the SRT's......Look at the weight of the SRT8's.(Some testers described them as porcine) And no one was talking about top speed.....our cars have a speed limiter that is set pretty low. All things considered---Subies win !
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I too agree that the srt-8 cars are overweight and overpriced. 45kish for a fully loaded one. In regard to 0-60 time, thats the srt4 weak point becasue its FWD. We went from a dig too and i was able to hold him off, as was the mustang. But the srt4 was coming up fast on the stang top end and I could see him creeping up on me.

As for the srt-8 cars,our 0-60 maybe simular thanks to AWD launches but after 60mph the srt8 would pull what looks like 2-3 bus lengths on a stock LGT. Stock lgt 1/4mile 14.1-14.4@ 96-98mph. Srt-8 cars 13.2-13.6@ 105-109mph

Not enough people REALLY need 340HP for a 4-door daily driven sedan

I was thinking about that today, but for instance, a 340HP powerplant would feel right at home in the Tribeca, then it would be competing with the BMW X5 crowd...? But I take the point that Subaru is a relatively small operation, so they're probably better off perfecting what they've already got (like fixing all the squeaks and rattles in the car interior:icon_roll).

I agree, That Subie would have sold more cars for 2010. If it was the S402 stlye with a H6 Turbo, w/ SpecB Tranny better Supsn & Brakes to sell alll over the world

Now I 'll buy that for a dollar !!!!! Hell I'd pay 50K easy for it .... Vvrrmm take that U M3 & SRT lovers..

Agreed......spec.B does 1/4 mile in 13.7 @ 99.2. I still think the difference in times should be far greater for 10 to 15 thousand dollars more!!!

Lol, the spec b is no faster than a normal LGT. and 10mph in trap speed looks liek 3 bus lengths from a roll. And .5 in the 1.4mile looks like 1-2 bus lengths. Etiehr way the legacy is not as fast as a srt8 car, not even close, it would take a new turbo setup will full supporting mods to trap 109mph in a legacy.

Lol, the spec b is no faster than a normal LGT. and 10mph in trap speed looks liek 3 bus lengths from a roll. And .5 in the 1.4mile looks like 1-2 bus lengths. Etiehr way the legacy is not as fast as a srt8 car, not even close, it would take a new turbo setup will full supporting mods to trap 109mph in a legacy.

But it can be Done !!!!! that is what is important I 've seen a WRX best a Lambo in a drag race a 600hps WRX :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2eipP-dq0]YouTube - Subaru vs Lamborghini _DRAG_[/ame]

But it can be Done !!!! Mods & all :eek:

OOOOoooo & Just to show lover for your SRT :spin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K_0f2xHoZE]YouTube - Baddest SRT-8 Burnout Ever!!![/ame]

Now Who doesn't love SRT8's w/ AC/DC ... Long Live Rock & Roll :wub:

Turbo H6 would be pretty thirsty.

I'm sure those who could afford a Turbo H6-equipped Subaru wouldn't be too worried about its thirst. I'd own one. If I ever have to worry about fuel costs, I'll just drive my Tribeca instead, though I'm betting a turbo H6 in a Legacy would be rather close to the Tribeca's mileage.

I get 18-20 commuting to work and back, and can get 25 on the highway if I loaf along at 55 or 60 (which rarely happens, so I'm usually getting 21-23 on the highway).

Mileage for my Tribeca:

@ 50: 27 mpg

@ 60: 25 mpg

@ 70: 23 mpg

@ 80: 21 mpg

@ 90: 19 mpg

Archived