LegacyGT.com

FBP Stage 3 brake kits

Aodhan

I bought a kit about a month ago. Then it was known as the "Stage 2" kit. It came with DBA 4000 rotors, stainless hoses, ATE fluid and HPS pads. I see it is now referred to as the "Stage 3.5" kit

To be honest, I didn't notice any incredible increases in braking. If I were to do it again, I would keep the stock rotors and just buy a set of HPS pads.

Nothing against FBP. They do an awesome job! I will just never see the full benefit of the brakes.

JMHO

Agreed. Slotted or drilled rotors are essentially bling. Unless you are doing some hard core tracking at an advanced level it's a waste of $ to buy that upgrade.

The setups that we recommend are:

Daily/Street/Light Auto-x:

Centric or Mountain Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads

Technafit SS Lines

Street/Autox/HPDE:

Centric or Mountain Rotors w/Hawk HP+ Pads

Technafit SS Lines

Summer Street/HPDE/Advanced HPDE/TT:

Centric or Mountain Rotors w/Hawk DTC-30 Pads

Technafit SS Lines

Cooling Ducts

Summer Street/HPDE/Advanced HPDE/TT/Race:

Centric or Mountain Rotors w/Hawk DTC-30 Pads

Brembo Front Calipers

Technafit SS Lines

Cooling Ducts

Our pricing is at: http://AZPInstalls.com/brakes.html

-mike

I've been running on HPS pads for a year and half now and I like them a lot. More dust than stock, but that's about it. I've got slotted Stoptechs up front (I still haven't installed the rears :lol:), don't think they make any difference in normal driving. Also still haven't installed my SS lines :lol: Someday...
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Just out of curiosity, what do the cooling ducts look like? I don't see them on that site.

We don't have any production ones for the legacy. Racecomp Engineering sells them for the WRX/STi. My plan is to make some home-made ones for the legacy. If they go well, we may start to fab them up. Cooling ducts can reduce your rotor temps by as much as 70-100 degrees. My day job is actually as a thermographer, so I plan to actually do some thermal imaging of the rotors w/o ducts and with ducts to really get a good feel on how they effect the temps.

-mike

Archived