LegacyGT.com

Fuel Cut

jamato998

I just got my legacy to stage 2 i have a invidia downpipe greddy exhaust and k and n intake and i have the cobb accessport. And when im in fourth gear and give it full throttle it pops and my check engine light comes on? What could it be im thinking either overboosting and getting a boost controller or I need a new tune?

You are hitting boost cut. Which means you are overboosting and the ECU is cutting fuel to protect the motor. It is either a rusult of the cobb tune or of the invidia DP divider hitting the WG flapper (pretty common issue with the invidia DP).

i would try flashing to stage 1 and see if the problem is still there. If it goes away, it is probably the tune..if it still happens it is probably the DP.

i would try flashing to stage 1 and see if the problem is still there. If it goes away, it is probably the tune..if it still happens it is probably the DP.

Remeber stg 1 will have an even lower boost cut and with the free flowing exhaust he will most likely hit it again still. More than likely it is the tune if not running an Invidia DP.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me with the MickeyD stage 2 tune. Infamous1's suggestion of the larger restrictor pill from the 2005 LGT solved my overboost problems.

Do you have a 2008 LGT? Are you talking about this rom:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic4453-15.html

You should have posted logs. It's easy to fix. By swapping out the restrictor pill, you've seriously reduced performance (unless you completely retuned boost).

That is the rom I'm talking about. Thanks for the offer, that is what I should have done.

At the time, I was actually way too new to even be flashing a new rom. I bought the car with a TBE and had read that I would kill my car without getting a tune ASAP. Instead of reading and learning, I flashed your rom and on my first 3rd gear pull I got the overboost CEL. My wife was in the car and it scared the crap out of us.

I went straight home and ordered up an Imfamous tune, and Shamar suggested I try the larger pill. At the time my WGDCs were in the 40s and boost was hitting over 22psi in 3rd. I can dig up one of those logs if you'd like to review.

FYI, for those reading, I'm not knocking mickeyd. There are many members of this forum happily running his roms. I would have been just fine had I done my homework before getting flashy happy.

Since then, I have read every post in the tuning forum here and will head over to romraider next. I'm very happy with my Infamous tune, but I don't plan on keeping my car stage 2 forever and will give self-tuning an attempt in the future.

The problem with the 2005 LGT restrictor pill is that it is too big. In many cases, the 2005-2006 cars will max out the WGDC in 2nd gear (and sometimes even 3rd gear). I don't even run it in my car.

The actuator on the 2007+ LGT is approximately 8 psi compared to 10 psi on the 2005-2006 so I think you should have used a 1.2 mm pill instead of the 2005-2006 pill. Did you have a spare 2005 LGT pill? Subaru doesn't sell it separately.

The problem with the 2005 LGT restrictor pill is that it is too big. In many cases, the 2005-2006 cars will max out the WGDC in 2nd gear (and sometimes even 3rd gear). I don't even run it in my car.

The actuator on the 2007+ LGT is approximately 8 psi compared to 10 psi on the 2005-2006 so I think you should have used a 1.2 mm pill instead of the 2005-2006 pill. Did you have a spare 2005 LGT pill? Subaru doesn't sell it separately.

I have tuned numerous 07+ lgt's, this was the first I seen this issue from a non Invidia DP (MR) he was actually overboosting at just 11% wgdc. I too thought the 05-06 pill would be too big but it worked out perfectly.

Archived