LegacyGT.com

K&N experience?

tarmacstage

I bought my '05 Gt wagon with a K&N Typhoon already installed. I have been working on cars my whole life and have realized air intakes do not provide many gains unless you are doing other work to the engine. I like the typhoon you can really hear the air being sucked in, but as far as gains your not going to see much no matter what intake you go with. I have re-mapped using the Cobb Access port, those guys are great over there, and I installed a Cobb down pipe I noticed a significant increase in the amount of air the typhoon sucks in. I hope this helps.

I noticed an increase in mileage when I put mine in. Could have been the old filter was so bad that any new one would have helped. I like the fact that you can clean it and put it back in. And I got stickers.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

I have had a Typhoon in my 05 wagon for nearly two years. Like others have said, no noticeable (seat of pants) power increase, the sound is cool (my daughter totally loves it - cool points for Dad), and I did see my mileage get better by 1 or 2 MPG. Also, customer service from K&N has been FANTASTIC. They replaced two small parts (which I messed up my own fault) with no questions or hesitation. They say it has a million mile warranty and they stand behind it!

• 5 months later...

Archived