LegacyGT.com

5-speed auto sticking in first?

K-Beam

I have a 2005 XT with the tiptronic and have notice that on certain occasions, (not very often) it tends to stick in first on leaving a stop sign or signal while in the auto mode. I've wondered if it's just the amount of gas peddle I'm giving it is making it stick?

This will sometimes have it revving as high as 5000 or so before it abruptly finds second gear.

As I said, it only happens here and there, but enough to make me wonder if it's a typical new auto trannie issue or something to get checked out?

It's bad enough when I have it in sport mode and forget.:lol:

Any and all input is always appreciated. ;)

I have a 2005 XT with the tiptronic and have notice that on certain occasions, (not very often) it tends to stick in first on leaving a stop sign or signal while in the auto mode. I've wondered if it's just the amount of gas peddle I'm giving it is making it stick?

This will sometimes have it revving as high as 5000 or so before it abruptly finds second gear.

As I said, it only happens here and there, but enough to make me wonder if it's a typical new auto trannie issue or something to get checked out?

It's bad enough when I have it in sport mode and forget.:lol:

Any and all input is always appreciated. ;)

This might be related to a recall on the Outback tranny. Read here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9585&highlight=recall

Brian

I think this does depend on your peddle input. It's supposed to be adaptive to your driving style. If you launch hard, it will shift later. Although mine rarely revs to 5000 before it shifts, maybe in sport mode, but not in auto mode. Are you flooring the paddle?

I've got the same issue with my 2005 XT auto. Manually shifting from 1st to 2nd in the sport mode seems "sloppy" with delay before 2nd engages and what sure sounds like over-reving. It is much more prominent with shifts over 3500 rpm or so. Shifting in the higher gears seems much crisper. Otherwise, it's a great vehicle so I'd like to think that there is a fix for this. First service will be in a week or so and I will take the service manager for a ride to see what his opinion is although I expect the usual bafflegab. Anyone else with the same issue or, even better, thoughts on a solution?

I think I had that happen once to me too. I was moving from a stop, let off the gas just about when the tranny was going to upshift into 2nd and then gave it more gas. The tranny held first to about 4000 RPM and upshifted fairly hard into 2nd.

I attribute it to the TCU just being confused by the throttle position.

Ken

I think I had that happen once to me too. I was moving from a stop, let off the gas just about when the tranny was going to upshift into 2nd and then gave it more gas. The tranny held first to about 4000 RPM and upshifted fairly hard into 2nd.

I attribute it to the TCU just being confused by the throttle position.

Ken

similar thing happened to me once.

This Space For Rent

Archived