LegacyGT.com

Boot Open Warning Light Stayin ON

New Subaru owner here. Just purchased a 2000 RSK Legacy Blitzen in red!

All is going well so far apart from my "Trunk Open" indicator staying lit. Obviously the trunk is closed. The light will sometimes go out, but then come back on again.

Is there a swicth i should be checking for cleaning? Just wondering if someone else has had this issue.

Any help solving this issue would be appreciated!

If by boot you mean "Trunk" then I cannot comment, other than to politely notify you that most people on here are American, and that crazy British talk confuses our feble minds. :lol:

Anyway, I cannot comment as I don't own that generation Legacy, but I will kindly ask you to add the model and trim level of your car to your profile, as it will make things easier in the future. From experience from other cars, check the switch near the trunk (Boot) and the wires that lead to it. If you can't find anything wrong, replace the switch. If that doesn't work, remove the light in the dashboard. :lol:

And welcome to the forum! It's pretty fun here, but it can be overly-dramatic at times... :lol:

beautiful NZ indeed! It looks like the cd stacker has been removed at some stage (maybe on import from Japan) as there are a few hanging wires taped to the interior part of the "trunk"

the trunk light is also not working. Have replaced the bulb. Fuse issues maybe?

CARR.jpg.f6ff1206a0e6c86d714a2678bd908f82.jpg

Archived