LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP

blakout

So some of you may think I am an idiot for asking this but I really dont care. I plan on eventually going stage 2 but its gonna have to happen in steps. I am going to start with putting on an Cobb AP and an intake (havent decided which brand I want to go with yet) If I put both on at the same time, will the AP's stage 1 tuning be ok or does it need to go and get pro-tuned?

AP STG 1 is fine. Stick with a panel filter while on STG 1 though, it's fine.

:whore:

This is exactly what I did for about a year or so, using Cobb AP stage 1 with an AVO panel filter. Then I put on a Prodrive axle-back. Finally I put on a Cobb catted dp, Bosal catless up and an AVO tmic, and flashed to stage 2. It is true, stage 2 makes a BIG difference.

Still have the panel filter. I think it is fine with the stock turbo, and you can avoid the expense of a custom tune. With an intake, you really have to have a pro tune, according to everything I have read.

So you think I should hold off on the intake? Definitely easier on my pocket, I was just figuring it would be better for the turbo since it will be less restricted.
A panel will be less restrictive as well. As people have said, unless you're pro tuning an intake can throw things off. Panel is meant to run with STG 1. Remove the silencer too while you're at it. :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Spend the $200 on a MR downpipe instead of a dumb intake. Then load the Cobb OTS stage 2 map and you'll be happy for a while. The only reason to get an intake on our cars is if your going with an FMIC and you need to get rid of the box to make room for plumbing. Stock airbox with a good panel filter it great.

Spend the $200 on a MR downpipe instead of a dumb intake. Then load the Cobb OTS stage 2 map and you'll be happy for a while. The only reason to get an intake on our cars is if your going with an FMIC and you need to get rid of the box to make room for plumbing. Stock airbox with a good panel filter it great.

With a 2005 he needs a catless UP as well.

Remove the silencer too while you're at it. :D

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks for all the info everyone, I definitely kicked the thought of an intake out of the picture. Picking up a dp today and should be picking up an AP next week. I figure I am just gonna wait until I have the AP before putting the dp on that way I can have the tune for it.

Archived