LegacyGT.com

Jacking points

All right guys, I changed the oil recently and couldn't find a great place to jack the car from. The crossmember under the tranny looked somewhat promising but it's so far under the car that I can't pump the handle once the jack is in place. So before I go out and buy ramps I figured I ask the collective. Where do you guys put the jack?

Brian

On the jack points shown in the manual. Or, I use ramps. I need to find a better spot too.....I want to pull it up on ramps and use stands on the rear when I get the new exhaust in. Hard to do that if you use the jack points to lift....where to put the stands?

On the jack points shown in the manual. Or, I use ramps. I need to find a better spot too.....I want to pull it up on ramps and use stands on the rear when I get the new exhaust in. Hard to do that if you use the jack points to lift....where to put the stands?

The jack points in the manual are for jacking one side of the car or the other though. I'm trying to jack the whole front at once which obviously means in the center.;)

As for stands in the rear I would put them somewhere near the suspension attachment points. I figure it's holding the wheel on it's gotta be damn strong. That's where I put the stands in front once I got it up (the car that is).

And Jedimaster how did I know you'd post something like that?!:p

Brian

Guest turboman

Has anyone tried to jack up one side on a Legacy GT where both wheels are off the ground? The body flange is usually marginal, but on other cars I have used a body flange adaptor that didn't scrunch it.

Is jacking up the front end, or back end, more practical to get two wheels off the ground?:confused:

Is there a rechargeable (or 12V) torque-adjustable power-wrench (not an impact) on the market? How much? I thought I saw one in a catalog somewhere.:rolleyes:

Found it, "Harbor Freight" site. Nope. false alarm.

Archived