LegacyGT.com

Line output conveter to what?

RIPjeep2002

• 4 years later...

sorry to bump an old thread, but im working on a friends car this weekend.

she has a 09 with HK system.

I pulled the deck, but wire colors didn't match up to diagrams I found online.

Maybe they'll be correct coming out of the amp? (didnt look for an amp under the seat yet.)

Where is the easiest place to get the speaker signal for the LOC?

where did you end up going?

If you went at the pillar between the doors, then what color wires did you go for?

Also for remote turn on for the aftermarket amp, I tapped the yellow wire with black stripe behind the HU. Is this correct?

What wire diagrams did you find with non-matching colors? I see that I didn't update mine with 2009 Legacy/Outback. Search for 'vacation pix' (or pics) on the forums here.

It's also possible the car has an accessory (OEM or aftermarket) with a harness that's plugged in between the factory radio harness and the head unit.

An advantage to tapping into the wires going to the OEM sub speaker is that it will be getting a mix of the L & R channels, presumably with bass frequencies. If you tap near one of the main speakers, you'll only get that side.

You could tap a L/R pair behind the HU (assuming your amp has dual inputs so it can sum them internally without shorting the two). Recent Subaru HUs attenuate bass frequencies sent to the rear channels as you raise the volume, making the fronts a better choice for a subwoofer.

People have found that the OEM HUs in cars with the 2009 h/k send high-level (amplified) signals to the h/k amp. The HU is able to drive speakers directly. However, the manufacturer's label on the top of the HU shows the output impedance is 10,000 ohms (10k), instead of the normal 4 or 8 ohms.

I appreciate the speedy reply, I've searched a ton and still have yet to find an answer. This thread seemed to be the most accurate to what I'm working on:

Trying to install a Line Out Converter in a 2009 with HK.

However this thread didn't say where the OP finally took signal from for the LOC:

Before or after the amp?

Additionally, on the vehicle I'm working on, the wire colors in the 14 pin harness behind the head unit are not the same colors as what I'm finding when I search here and elsewhere for a diagram.

However I did tap the yellow with black stripe for remote turn on (haven't tested it yet) is that correct?

Anyone want to tell me if I should find signal before or after the amp?

Since it seems to be a debate here, and the OP didn't say if what they did if they completed their install.

Is searching for "vacation pix" a forum joke?

.....If you're messing with me, I'll put soap on your intercooler! ;)

Additionally, on the vehicle I'm working on, the wire colors in the 14 pin harness behind the head unit are not the same colors as what I'm finding when I search here and elsewhere for a diagram.

Again, which diagrams are you looking at? I'm trying to determine if there are 2009 diagrams out there that are wrong, or if your car has non-standard colors (possibly due to something aftermarket).

Is searching for "vacation pix" a forum joke?
Not a joke. Is there anything in the rest of my previous message that leads you to believe that? Why not just try it and see. Tips: Don't limit the search to the interior/audio sub-forum, and select 'search titles only'. You're welcome.

I don't believe the car has anything aftermarket on it.

The stereo harness was taped up with the climate control in such a way that it looked factory and unmolested.

The car is a 2009 with only 28k miles on it.

My friend purchased it from a dealership not long ago.

When I bumped this thread from the grave, I was hoping to find out what the OP did.

I'm sure this will look familiar:

http://ae64.com/Legacy-pinout.htm

...And that's the same as what I keep finding.

The 2009 with HK stereo seems to have different colors for the speaker wires, at least different behind the HU, I'll have to look at the amp next time she comes over and see what the harness out from there looks like.

Archived