LegacyGT.com

keeping my car

i've been debating to trade in my car for a new sti or loaded wrx this year (i have 05 gt). i even looked at the new 2010 legacy.

i was one of first legacy gt owners in my area.

but i like my 05 and gonna 1 day go to stage II (i have the accessport)when i get more money. the 05 model is still the best looking stock form legacy imho. i think the stock rims from the 05 model are the best looking even compared to the spec b models. plus i like the look of the grille. it's less angular than the other years. i had a custom grille put in but i put back the stock 1.

my car's paint and interior are still above avg and i still get occasional praise. i have a good friend who's an excellent mechanic and luvs the legacy and design.

so while my legacy is 75,000 miles old, i'm gonna keep it for a few more yrs. cheers to all the owners who haven't traded their cars yet :-) time to play gran turismo.

I'm debating the same thing. Have two irons in the fire right now. A new STi, and a lightly used '09 WRX premium. Not sure which one to go with.

Just my .02 here, assuming that's the point of this thread...

Going from your '08 spec B to a WRX would be a downgrade. Definitely.

Going from your '08 spec B to a STI would be a lateral move, swayed either way by your personal tastes and preferences. Again, expect your insurance to as much as tripple on this switch, and you will lose other obvious perks, such as being more unnoticed by police. You only need to do a VF52 swap, and you are just about on par with the STI. It's a little lighter of a car, and has a slightly different IC and intake manifold, but that's all the functionality you would basically be buying... Again, just my .02, food for thought.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived