LegacyGT.com

Energy Suspension shifter bushings

Dark-V

So I was browsing for some shifter bushings, when I thought "Hey, since the WRX 5MT shifter bushings are the same as ours, let's go look over in their categories to see if there is any cheaper ones."

I found these:

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-3442/Energy-Suspension-Subaru-WRX/Detail

Only $8.00!! I'm going to order them and install them when I replace my clutch.

I've used ES bushings before and they are a good product. I would recommend getting the black bushings because the black ones have graphite in them to aid in lubrication.

When I install them in about 10 days (if my clutch job goes okay), I'll report back here.

Anyone else try them?

I'm going to say no they are not "better" than any other ones. Because I haven't tried multiple ones in the same car. Both bushings are polyurethane.

However, the black Energy Suspension bushings are infused with graphite to help with lubrication. Does it help? No clue.

Also, I just received my shifter bushings in the mail and the ES bushings are 1 solid piece. Not 2 halves like Kartboy. I'm probably going to have to press them in pretty hard to get them in, but it shouldn't be an issue, the tranny is coming out anyway tomorrow!

I'm not sure if the 6mt has the same shifter bushings as the 5mt, maybe unclemat or someone who's also done a swap would know.

Also, finally put these bushings in, and THEY WORK!!! WOO! They work very well actually. The only trouble is you need to literally press them in. It's a single piece bushing and not two halves like other brands.

Took me an hour to use this method, but all I needed to do is get a threaded rod, a couple LARGE (larger than the diameter of the bushing) washers and some nuts and just made a makeshift press. Popped right in afterwards.

Shifting feels great though! But I've also put in a group N tranny mount and extra-s fluid, so everything feels amazing now...

Archived