LegacyGT.com

Spec B Suspension Installed: Did they give me the wrong springs?

GTkansan

Kastle, so far I like the combo of rallitek fronts and spec b rear springs (looks visually even). But I still dont like the idea of wildly different rates front to rear... Looks like ill have to get some Ions or Swifts to get the even look (or even nose down a bit) AND a matched spring pair.

^^^

FYI, I am on an unmatched pair (swifts rear, jdm spec b) in the front. They don't feel great so I know how yu feel. Instead of puttingthe swifts back on, I'm taking the coilover route. If you do end up using swifts, make sure out use the saggy butt spacers.

Rehab is for quitters.

Gotcha. I have 3/8th inch rear shims that I was on with the ralliteks-stock shock combo. Guess Id better keep them around to be sure.

How are the swifts for ride comfort? I shy away from the pinks because im really enjoying the smoothness and lack of vibration of the bilsteins...

I installed a set of bilsteins and spec b springs and tophats I bought from someone on the forum... Look at the result.. The front is 1.5 inches higher than the rear... what is wrong? Did they put LGT springs on the front or something? Ideas?

How was the ride with the SpecB springs? I'm having pot hole issues, and blew a stock strut on my LGT. I'm planning on putting the Bilsteins on with the stock springs, but maybe I'll get more protection with the SpecB springs as well? Let me know if you want to sell the SpecB springs.

How was the ride with the SpecB springs? I'm having pot hole issues, and blew a stock strut on my LGT. I'm planning on putting the Bilsteins on with the stock springs, but maybe I'll get more protection with the SpecB springs as well? Let me know if you want to sell the SpecB springs.

I went from the stock Spec B springs to the RalliTeks, and I feel that the RalliTeks offer the same ride feel, but with the increased handling. They are also quiter than the stock Spec B springs (I would get a lot of "rattles" on the stock springs - those have all but disappeared going over bumps with the Ralliteks).

Sure - here is the final result (not fully settled... they've dropped ~.1" since this photo).

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz106/squiden/car_side.jpg

The back is the perfect height imo... I do wish the front was ~.5" lower for asthetic reasons. Then again, I love the ride quality with these springs, so I don't think I'll be changing them out for a while.

squiden do you have a front-ish angle shot of your car? Your clear headlights look pretty good at this angle, I'm still debating whether or not to do it... what % tint is that also? I'll be doing that as well pretty soon.

Here is a couple front-angle views. Since I'm sure someone will ask, the grill is a DIY - I have a write-up if you are interested. I can't remember the tint percentage - it was as darkest legal tint they could do (I wasn't interested in a really dark tint, so might as well only go to the legal limit) :)

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz106/squiden/car_front_angle.jpg

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz106/squiden/car_front.jpg

I love my Pinks... aren't they pretty close to what the Eibach's provide? (See: http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications )

I'd actually say pinks drop the car more than what's listed there... I'd have to check my car more accurately, but I know it was more than 0.5"...

Either way, I know Eibachs are great (had them on my previous car) but I sure love the Pinks I have now...

I love my Pinks... aren't they pretty close to what the Eibach's provide? (See: http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications )

I'd actually say pinks drop the car more than what's listed there... I'd have to check my car more accurately, but I know it was more than 0.5"...

Either way, I know Eibachs are great (had them on my previous car) but I sure love the Pinks I have now...

Do you have the pinks on stock struts or bilsteins?

Good point... that would probably make a big difference!

Pinks on JDM Bilsteins... so nice...

Edit: At first I thought your comment was because people are running stock struts on the Eibachs. But, from the numbers I saw, people probably shouldn't be running a stiffer spring like the Eibachs (or Pinks) on a stock strut... it'll just kill the strut sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of Ion front springs that I would sell you. I wanted more of a front gap than I got with them. They were on the car for 4 months before I changed them. Here are before (stock) and after (Ion) pics:

PM me if you are interested,

IMG_4922.thumb.jpg.fe3b3b26a7f29812469f4ad68181bf86.jpg

IMG_4926.thumb.jpg.c973f6d1a7520bbfc579df7eaf50f3c2.jpg

i have the stock bilsteins on my spec b is it ok to run pinks on them or do i have to upgrade the whole setup.

I just switched from Rallitek to Pinks on the stock bilsteins, along with many others. You'll be fine.

On a side note, this pinks are amazing!

I just switched from Rallitek to Pinks on the stock bilsteins, along with many others. You'll be fine.

On a side note, this pinks are amazing!

I have Ralliteks on 07 SpecB stock bilsteins and I think the ride is still a bit floaty. What's the part numbers of the Pinks your riding?

I agree with the floaty comment. The ralliteks were great on stock struts, but they havent translated as well to the spec b's. Im waiting on tow guys, cant decide between Ions and Pinks. Any opinions WRT ride, handling, ride height, passenger comfort, etc?

Archived