LegacyGT.com

usdm rainguards

ninjaturtlesM35x

can someone show pictures of how much you can open your window with the jdm visors and whoever has the avs or whatever other after market brand show how much you can open your window without raind getting in as well as fitment and style of the visors itself. I would like to get a set of visors but i would like to make more of an informed decision as to whats best for me.

I do agree that whatever the cost of the JDM ones they are expensive.

Saying that.... I'm sorry, but these are fugly with a capital U!

I was really hoping that when I drilled down to the first pic that they would be a good alternative... Nope, have to spend the coin now (and be pissed off that they cost so much).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

^ +1.

That's really the problem I'm having with the AVS set - the aesthetics.

Next paycheck's worth of fun-money will be a set of JDM rainguards. I still haven't gotten used to the way the AVS looks...and that means, from experience, that I don't really like it. :(

can someone show pictures of how much you can open your window with the jdm visors and whoever has the avs or whatever other after market brand show how much you can open your window without raind getting in as well as fitment and style of the visors itself. I would like to get a set of visors but i would like to make more of an informed decision as to whats best for me.

Again, no pictures, but my approximation of an inch's worth of actual window opening is, I think, accurate, for the AVS. That's at-standstill, with the rain coming "directly down."

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

still not a huge fan of the look. I had a set from AVS on my ram (great company lifetime guarantee on them) but they actually fit in the window channel at the top of the door sill so they looked really clean

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Max00racer/Hemi%20dodge%20ram/IMGP0399.jpg

you can kinda make it out how it fits up in that black piece of window trim

and did i mention the lifetime warranty..one of mine got caught up in some ice and stuff on a road trip in the winter and the bastard like shattered on me when i opened the window. sent them a picture of the damage and had a brand new set of four in the mail the next week.

^ I really like how the in-channel/frame ones look.

Originally, I'd tried an off-the-books mount of the AVS units, by affixing them to the rain channel (exterior, of course). No-go. :( They intruded into path of the window, as the door swung open.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived