LegacyGT.com

not liking the cobb stage 1 map

25gtrbo

So i finally got the bug and went stage 1.. Wow what a difference compared to stock on a 5eat.. The only concern i had was the slight hesistation, studdering and throttle response which i thought was going to be fixed by a new map.. Today on my way to work im cruising around 50 and i decide that i want to go a little faster.. I push the pedal a little more and nothing happens.. Im not going any faster and the rpms are staying a constant 2000 rpms. I give her more gas and then shes balls to the wall. What gives.. is there a problem with the map??

Im wondering if i should run the identical base map in realtime as well. When i bought the used apv1 it came with a tdc stage 1 tune for the same car i have. Is this map something i should try or just get rid of it due to it possibly being personalized to someone elses car

When i bought the used apv1 it came with a tdc stage 1 tune for the same car i have. Is this map something i should try or just get rid of it due to it possibly being personalized to someone elses car

FWIW just search the site under "TDC" and make your own decision.;) That being said a typical stg 1 tune is only so wild.

I wish I would have done my research more before I bought my AP last week. I wasn't up to date with this OS tuning that Infamous does. Even though I got real good deal on the APv2 I realize that open source was probably the way to go. I'm happy with my map that I have it's a Tuning Alliance(Mike Kinsmen used to run TDC) stage 1 for Kn panel, Perrin CBE. It's a little more specific. But that's what I have for now. I will definalty consider using open source for Stage2. That being said I would go with the OS tuning If I had to do it again... :spin:

just about any stage 1 tune will be fine. I ran TDC stage 1 and 2 and both were fine. My stage 1 all I had was an exhaust and it ran fine. I liked the TDC over the cobb because it felt much better.

Here's my Dyno for my TDC stage 1.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/garrett804/dyno7-21-07.jpg

Archived