LegacyGT.com

MUST SEE part2! LCD that is MADE for the Legacy's Cubby

christurismohk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got one of those Alpine screens for $40 shipped on eBay. I'll get one of the Alpine GPS receivers, and then work out some way to mount the screen in the bezel. I'll probably get the OEM NAV bezel and figure out how to mount it that way.

The only thing I can't figure out is how the Alpine NAV updates. Hopefully it won't be crappy.

It looks like the buttons on the screen are for Volume and Power, neither of which I will actually need since this is a sans-audio, nav only setup.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I just got one of those Alpine screens for $40 shipped on eBay. I'll get one of the Alpine GPS receivers, and then work out some way to mount the screen in the bezel. I'll probably get the OEM NAV bezel and figure out how to mount it that way.

The only thing I can't figure out is how the Alpine NAV updates. Hopefully it won't be crappy.

It looks like the buttons on the screen are for Volume and Power, neither of which I will actually need since this is a sans-audio, nav only setup.

Can you provide the model #? I'm curious to this setup as well. And if you can hook up bluetooth through the Alpine LCD and nav.

I should be getting my my OEM Navi bezel today.. we'll see what I can do with it. I have big plans, but i'm not an artist or a fabricator.. soo uhh.. yeah.

I've seen ads for local shops in the area that do custom fabrication for audio install. I'm sure in Nor Cal you've got plenty of access to those types of outfits. Perhaps print out the pic, bring your LCD and tell them that's what you want. Keep us in the loop - I may follow suit.

Can you provide the model #? I'm curious to this setup as well. And if you can hook up bluetooth through the Alpine LCD and nav.

It's the TME-M770.

I might actually abandon the project. If you are interested in the screen, I'll let you have it for the same I paid.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It's the TME-M770.

I might actually abandon the project. If you are interested in the screen, I'll let you have it for the same I paid.

Why would you abandon it? All you need now is to get a quality audio fabrication shop for the bezel, right?

Other things came up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived