LegacyGT.com

Performance parts for a 95'

Hello im new to the forum and I own a 1995 Legacy 2.2L 4 cylinder non-turbo.

To get to the point im looking for any reliable website that sells performance parts (exhuast, CIA, throttle bodys etc...) for a 1995 Legacy. Im a very busy person I have two part time jobs and play for two hockey teams. I have looked around a little but have had no success and was wondering if anybody could help me out I would really apretiate it.

Thank you

Good afternoon Maddoran18,

So far from my experiences I haven't been able to find anyone to cater specifically to second gen legacys. There are, however, plenty of performance sites for subarus in general.

I have a 98 2.5GT, and so far everything performance specific has been either from another subaru (year, model or both) or jerry-rigged by myself or friends. So I think its a matter of what other parts will work on your car, since the basic concept and many parts of all Subarus are the same.

You can easily find accessories for them though. (headlights, interior, etc)

A few of my sources:

-eBay (of course)

-Rallitek.com

-Millennium Auto, y2kimports.com

-and believe it or not, my local Subaru dealership. (whom I use the most)

Hope this helps some and good luck on your tuning!!

-Kenny

I used to have a 97 lgt and went crazy trying to find performance parts. Here is my 2 cts worth. Leave the engine alone. Virtually no power gains from intake, exhaust etc. You can change the sound and maybe the powerband (eg by openning the exhaust slightly) but the efforts are not worth it. Forget the EBay chips ( a rip off) , only way to get real power is to step up with a few grand for the AVO rs add on turbo kit .

Suspension, tires that is worthwhile. I was able to source a rear sway bar that really helped the handling. Whiteline and progress make bars for that year . Ebay will work for a swaybar. Nothing really beats stepping up to the turbo 2005 + years.

The 2.2L ignition swap will work well with this car. Pretty much any 2.2L or 2.5L header will work with some creativeness. Mufflers are the same deal. A full header back exhaust is fairly inexpensive if you go to any local custom exhaust shop. You can make a custom short ram intake with a trip to AutoZone and a $20 bolt on MAF adapter from www.Boxer4Racing.com. The guys at Boxer4Racing also have lightweight crank pulley's which will increase throttle response. They also sell lightweight underpulley kits complete with belts, which replace the crank pulley with a lighweight billet aluminum one, as well as the alternator and power steering pulley's, which will improve throttle response and free up a couple horsepower.

• 1 month later...

Archived