LegacyGT.com

Things I should know before buying a LGT

Stay away from the 05's. They are total crap. I was one of the guinea pigs...nothing but problems on a well maintained car! Studdering, oil consumption, clutch, creaks and rattles, fit and finish, exhaust (?) smell, engine going....

Lol, I can unfortunately sympathize with all of those minus the clutch on my 15K mile 2008. (my 5EAT has issues to match up with your clutch) I'm already on my 3rd set of pistons and second short block. :redface: I would personally never buy a used turbo Subaru, it really is a serious roll of the dice. Especially if you buy it without a full battery of tests or without a good warranty.

Just spouting from the top of my head-

Premium gas only

AWD- After tires are worn down, if get a flat on one tire may need to replace all 4.

Be careful not to get soap in the intercooler.

The car is awesome, go get one, you will not regret it.

Looking to get a 07-09 spec.B and have some questions for the minds of LGT.com.

1.) What do you think is the most reliable year? I know in terms of the STI Impreza it was 07 so my logic would say 07...but I thought I would ask. It seems like the 09's have a LOT of internal engine issues (bearings, etc). Any negatives to the 08?

2.) What is the issue about soap on the TMIC? As long as you don't douse the thing in suds I don't see the problem. Could someone explain? How do you clean your engine bays?

3.) Aside from the compression and other tests are there any other red flags you would recommend I look for on the spec.B? I am fairly knowledgeable so I would of course look for modification marks, etc, but did not know if there were common spots of rusts or leaks that can be issues.

Thanks for all of your help and I look forward to becoming a regular member on your great forum. Have enjoyed reading everything so far.

Best,

Charles

Thanks Ryan T it seemed suspicious, but I am new to FI engines so I always ask before making assumptions.

Any other insights into the spec. B?

I also thought I would ask if anyone on this board has board has used the P&L Motorsports Stage 1.5 setup for the spec.B? ( http://www.pandlmotorsports.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=510&osCsid=1de3bae8b7b129f08acf8fd467d70024 )

I rode in Stage 1.5 spec.B last weekend and it is truly amazing and is what prompted my new found interest in the Legacy over my Impreza setup. Their integration of the SI drive allows you to have 3 completely different maps at the touch of a button and the Legacy would allow me to have a true sleeper and enjoy the luxury interior offered.

Best,

Charles

Thanks captainhook...I did know it was not physically three different maps, but the SI drive feature is just further enhanced with their package. Not sure how they did it at SOA or P&L but it is a really great feature to have a power setting and an economy setting for those long drives.

Archived