LegacyGT.com

90-98 secret weapon intake system.

slvr98gt

please everyone do not buy the secret weapon short ram intake kit save your money and dont make the mistake i did, the fitment is horrible i had too canibalize other pieces to make there product fit/work right, performance increase is slim to none and the "bark" of the intake only hits around 4 grand, and sounds the best in 3rd gear, little too high of revs for my liking. i contacted weapon r for tech support (what a joke that was) and got told it was an my car/ installer that was the issue and not their product rather rudely at that, so please take some advice and dont buy from them:mad:

Intakes with long pipes make noise at higher RPM's than short rams. They also sound close to factory air boxes at low RPM's and under normal driving anyway. This is a fact with every intake. If you were expecting massive performance gains no wonder why you weren't impressed, it's an intake. Intakes in general don't add much in the way of performance, especially with no other major performance parts, unless the stock airbox is extremely restrictive.

As for fit and finish, I can't comment one way or the other since I've never owned a Weapon R intake, but if you bought a direct bolt on kit then you shouldn't have to "Cannibilize" anything to make it fit. I'm with you on that much.

So, intakes only really sound good under hard accelleration or at higher RPM's, and they really don't improve performance all that much either. I'm happy with my custom short ram though. It is what it is I guess.

by no means was i expecting it to unleash the beast persay i know better than that it was more a rant of the companys customer service or lack there of. their lead tech guy challenged me to measure the pcv ports on my valve covers and show him that it was their product that had the fitment issues and not the car/installer. which i did i broke out the digital caliper measure the ports and there hoses my port being just over a 1/2 inch and there hoses internal diameter being just under 3/8ths not a huge deal but more of a pissing contest at that point, and judging by the lack of response on there half id say im right.

Archived