LegacyGT.com

Wonder how this BMW race would turn out?

Here an E46 M3 is a low 14-second car. I've seen a couple scratch into the 13's @ 101-102mph. My Stage I LGT running E85 ran 13.6's@99mph. I haven't made it back out to the track since the addition of new UP and DP, but based on MAF, road dyno numbers etc. I would guess that my car is likely capable of low 13's now.

Nonetheless, even at sea level, a stage II LGT should be a good match for a stock E46 M3. I don't know why anyone would think that an E46 M3 would decimate the stage II LGT in a straight line. Just because it is a ZOMG M doesn't mean it's a straight-line demon. These cars were meant for turns, not stoplight show downs.

Never did I say it would decimate, I said they run mid 13s and thats about what a stage 2 legacy is. Some have gone faster yes. I used to drag race alot and loved racing m3s in a straight line, just not so much through turns.

Never did I say it would decimate, I said they run mid 13s and thats about what a stage 2 legacy is. Some have gone faster yes. I used to drag race alot and loved racing m3s in a straight line, just not so much through turns.

And I never said YOU did;)

Somebody did...

Nope. You'd get raped. The E46 M3 is not a car to be trifled with lightly, it will easily out handle a modded LGT and at any speed over 50mph will simply leave you in the dust even at stage 2.

And I never said YOU did;)

Somebody did...

It will be a easier race for the m3 at 50mph+ even at your higher alt the N/A car trapped higher than your FI car. N/A is effected more at higher alt and still out trapped your turbo car. So at sea level that legacy better hit 105-107mph to keep up/beat a m3 from a roll. vf40/46 powered cars trap around 103mph mostly, hell even some vf52 with bigger injectors only hit 105mph mark.

Archived