LegacyGT.com

EcuFlash + Tactrix 2.0: Unable to read my ECU. HELP!

johnnymack

EcuFlash is unable to read my ECU. The car has some sort of tune on it. I can log data but I can't flash anything. Yes, the diagnostic cables were connected correctly. Yes the cable and EcuFlash work, we hooked everything up to my buddy's WRX and it read his ECU.

Basically, I'm locked out of my ECU by the previous tuner I believe. I have no way to find out what program the car was tuned with. The dealership was unable to read the ECU as well and said, "Its been tampered with".

Car runs fine. Here's my other thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117688

I need help!

My guess would be that it had a Cobb Accessport installed on it and it was never unmarried before the car was traded in/sold. If that's the case, I think the only way to fix it is to take out the ECU and ship it to Cobb for them to reset. You should probably contact Cobb and ask them if there's any way for you to tell if it has an AP married to it or not.

Problem was solved:

We took an AP V2 from a friends LGT, unmarried it from his car. We married the AP to my Spec B. AP read "Program Detected. Override? Yes." We installed the new AP, married it, then unmarried it. I now have my stock ECU back. Someone had traded the car in with an AP still married to the car. Worst part was that it was in "fuel conserv." mode. Now boost is higher, wastegate duty cycles are back and I'm a happy camper again.

Archived