LegacyGT.com

Was at the dealer today.

A better way to solve the conflict would be for an administrator to take away his

"moderator" rights. Since childish behavior and name calling on a "title" is not

what a moderator needs or should be doing.

Now, as to a response to the person who thought it would be "wierd" if the twin turbo

H6 Outback was faster than the STI?

Why so?

The Legacy and Outback are the flagships of the Subaru brand.

The Impreza based STI is the entry level car.

It's actually more odd to have the WRX STI the fastest of the fleet.

That would be like the Porsche Boxster being the fastest car in the lot.

Or the Chevy Cobalt SS being the fastest car GM has.

Or the Neon SRT-4 being faster than the Viper.

Or....

I think it's perfectly NORMAL for the top of the line model to also have the fastest version available.

As it actually SHOULD be.

A better way to solve the conflict would be for an administrator to take away his

"moderator" rights. Since childish behavior and name calling on a "title" is not

Actually both JM and I have donated which allows us to change our own titles. I believe I detected a bit of playful sarcasm in JMs last post so I decided to play along. No foul here :D

.o0O0o.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Whoa, I didn't mean to start any trouble! We were just messing with our user texts. Donators get to change things as well as use signatures. Sorry for the confusion. :redface:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Dude......ROTFLMAO!! That is great JM and ellivnad :lol:

Driver - thanks for the vote of confidence in my abilities. Sometimes, I am the only level-headed one around! ;)

Welllll, a couple of the mods aren't on my list of favorites, but anyone with a sense of humor to appreciate the fun we had, which was harmless is OK with me. Besides, "we always been two bruthas of the same kind, quick to holla at a hoochie wit da same line" :lol:

You know you my brolie. :D

Dude......ROTFLMAO!! That is great JM and ellivnad :lol:

Driver - thanks for the vote of confidence in my abilities. Sometimes, I am the only level-headed one around! ;)

No offense PGT, I didn't know they were playing around.

I thought it seemed odd for you to do that, and wouldn't be appropriate for

a moderator, so that's why I commented.

Anyway, all good guys.

well ill just hafta make some new invention and make a lot of money so i can afford to sell my brand new 05 and buy an 06 or an 07... i hate wen subaru does this.. they screw over every one who bought the year before.. bad marketing.. they should tell the world their plans before hand.. thatway people could choose.. or bring them out all at the same time... grrr those bastards

You know what will REALLY p1ss people off:

1. They give the 06 significant upgrades and more power for about the same price....will tick off most people who bought the 2005 model.

2. For the 2007 model they bring out the Legacy STI...would tick off all the people who just bought a 2006 model.

Smart thing to do...

release the 2006 model with the minor (and expected) upgrades but same power.

For 2007 give the LGT a minor facelift, more minor upgrades and a bit more power stock. And, release a Legacy STI

Those who bought a 2005 model would be happy and probably trade in for

the 07 Legacy STI

Those who bought the 2006 model might be a "bit" ticked off, but they'd have to expect a facelift for the 3rd model year (2007) as well as expect the Legacy STI too.

Gotta tell ya though, if the 06 LGT has major changes (more power, 6MT, memory seats, clutch stink resolved, etc. and other upgrades) all for only a modest price increase, my 05 LGT-L will possibly go

bye bye and it probably would be replaced with the

2006 Lexus IS350

with it's reported "upward of 300 hp"

6 speed manual

and if AWD is an option on that....SWWWEET.

I'd come back to Subaru if/when they release a Legacy STI (especially if it's

a turbocharged version of the H-6 engine).

well ill just hafta make some new invention and make a lot of money so i can afford to sell my brand new 05 and buy an 06 or an 07... i hate wen subaru does this.. they screw over every one who bought the year before.. bad marketing.. they should tell the world their plans before hand.. thatway people could choose.. or bring them out all at the same time... grrr those bastards

You forgot to add smilies for people to not take you seriously.

Bad marketing, tell that to Dell.

In 2001, I got a top of the line desktop:

• Pentium 3 1GHz, just came out
  • 256 MB Ram
  • 40GB Hardisk
  • Nvidia Geforce 2 64MB, just came out
  • Creative Soundblaster Live!++

for about 2 grand and in about 6 months everything just doubled in specifications. Now, I'm a computer science major and I've been using this same desktop through college and after graduating and starting work, without ever getting the need to get another one, but learned to accommodate around it. Also growing up helps too, because when you are over PC games, all you will need is a browser, music and video player, cd burner and word processor, plus a stable operating system like Linux.

Ok, so you ditched the 05 and got the 06 or 07, and after a few years it turns out the 06 or 07 are less reliable than 05 because the management of the Legacy line became complacent after the success of the 05, now what will you do.

Resident Thread Reaper

I keed I keeed

Now, as to a response to the person who thought it would be "wierd" if the twin turbo

H6 Outback was faster than the STI?

Why so?

The Legacy and Outback are the flagships of the Subaru brand.

The Impreza based STI is the entry level car.

It's actually more odd to have the WRX STI the fastest of the fleet.

That would be like the Porsche Boxster being the fastest car in the lot.

Or the Chevy Cobalt SS being the fastest car GM has.

Or the Neon SRT-4 being faster than the Viper.

Or....

I think it's perfectly NORMAL for the top of the line model to also have the fastest version available.

As it actually SHOULD be.

I do think it would be great if they did this twin turbo H6 thing, but I guess I think that the STI will always be Subaru's fastest. It just seems that from Subaru's perspective, the only reason to offer 3 levels of Impreza is because the top one is the fastest of all their cars; and if you take that away, the aura of STI is gone and it it might as well be a regular WRX.

Single turbos make rocking HP, I'm sure we've all heard of the Grand National. Twin turbos make more useable power, but are harder to tune properly. If it is a twin turbo, expect the price to jump AKA the old 300Z which priced itself out of existance, among others. Still, my '05 will be paid off by then hopefully. Maybe I can talk the wife into a trade, or new acquisition.

Archived