LegacyGT.com

"Street Racers" yet again. . .

C1Pendragon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it hate or jealousy :rolleyes:

and if the Lotus isn't a real sportscar, what do you think is one ?

:lol:

Well I mean its a sportscar for people who can't afford "real" sportscars (Porsche's, Ferrari, etc). I just wouldn't personally have one. They are just too small for me.

Well I mean its a sportscar for people who can't afford "real" sportscars (Porsche's, Ferrari, etc). I just wouldn't personally have one. They are just too small for me.

A real sports car? You mean like Miata, MGB, Solstice, Corvette, Fiat X19?

Hating a car because it's too small for you is like hating other people because you can't fit in their clothes.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

The Lotus is about as pure as a "real" sportscar can get.

It's not intended as a daily driver, it's for normal people who want a second car for fun and can afford a little more than a Miata, but can't stretch to a supercar.

A real sports car? You mean like Miata, MGB, Solstice, Corvette, Fiat X19?

Hating a car because it's too small for you is like hating other people because you can't fit in their clothes.

No its not, I think the car is ugly, just like I do a Miata, Solstice, Z3....

I don't like small two seater cars PERIOD.

Well, I am not a fan of it. Sorry. I would take an M3, M6, Skyline, Corvette, Viper (should I go on???) if I had enough money to afford a Lotus. That's just me. Heaven forbid me have an opinion unlike others on this forum. :rollseyes:

Of course you can air your opinion here, we all do. But your opinion doesn't make the Lotus a POS.

No its not, I think the car is ugly, just like I do a Miata, Solstice, Z3....

I don't like small two seater cars PERIOD.

Seems you define "sports car" as a car you happen to like. (shrug). Okay then.

The Elise/Exige, etc, is probably the most-pure sports car on the planet, frankly. The Miata is the worlds all-time-sales leading sports car. The Lotus is not a "poor-mans" ANYTHING. It's capabilities can stand with the most expensive or exotic sports cars in the world. The fact one does or does not prefer the car doesn't change the fact it's a fantastic sports car - beautifully executed in it's design and function.

Seems you define "sports car" as a car you happen to like. (shrug). Okay then.

The Elise/Exige, etc, is probably the most-pure sports car on the planet, frankly. The Miata is the worlds all-time-sales leading sports car. The Lotus is not a "poor-mans" ANYTHING. It's capabilities can stand with the most expensive or exotic sports cars in the world. The fact one does or does not prefer the car doesn't change the fact it's a fantastic sports car - beautifully executed in it's design and function.

We can agree to disagree along with that car in your avatar. :)

We can agree to disagree along with that car in your avatar. :)

Disagree about what? You have defined "Sports Car" in terms of cars you happen to like. That's silly - whether you agree with me or not.

;)

That car in the avatar is more fun to drive than any subaru i've driven; fo' sho'.

:D

Disagree about what? You have defined "Sports Car" in terms of cars you happen to like. That's silly - whether you agree with me or not.

;)

That car in the avatar is more fun to drive than any subaru i've driven; fo' sho'.

If RX-8s didn't have so many problems, having a rotary engine, I would like them as well. The styling is pretty nice on that car IMO.

The Lotus is a sportscar that I can't stand. I find it ugly. :spin:

I would rather have a Mini Cooper S than a a Lotus. :eek:

If RX-8s didn't have so many problems, having a rotary engine, I would like them as well. The styling is pretty nice on that car IMO.

If somebody wants one, I tell them to find 2005 or newer. In my 04, I'm on my 2nd engine, 3rd cat, 2nd transmission, 3rd set of coils, 2nd battery, 2nd starter...uh...probably other stuff too! :)

Newer models though, seem to have it sorted better.

The Lotus is a sportscar that I can't stand. I find it ugly. :spin:

THERE ya go. Honest, good statement :)

I would rather have a Mini Cooper S than a a Lotus. :eek:

Two things wrong with the Mini S -

First - back when I had a tricycle I realized FWD sucks. Secondly, it's not a sports car. It'll never drive like a RWD, light, nimble, communicative car (see Lotus, Miata, etc).

Otherwise, they are very cool.

:beers:

That's rich coming from someone who can't even get into an Elise :lol:

The Elise is just funny looking to me. I don't know. The Miata is just kinda gay, but at least it subtle. :lol:

I don't like cars that have really jagged lines and look like go carts. Like if you gave me a choice between a Porsche and a Lambo, I would choose a Porsche. I like more rounded and sleek cars. Does that make sense?

Miata's are like fat girls to me. I would ride one but I wouldn't wanna be seen riding it. :lol:

(sigh). Dude. Get in a miata and you'll want to learn how to drive.

I give up, you're a lost cause :lol:

I competely understand that Miata's are one of the best handling cars on the market for the money. Really, I do. That doesn't mean much to me. I don't autocross or race, nor do I have any intention to, so what good is this car to me? As far as I am concerned, its a gay looking 2 seater convertible sports car. :lol:

Archived