LegacyGT.com

Nice BMW restoration!!

The closest I have to owning anything 2002 related is a ball cap with the BMW 2002 embroidered on the front, and the grill and headlights on the back. Sadly the hat is nearly worn out. Great cars, we used to have a few guys that owned them come in to our dealership when I worked there. Really neat little cars, and if you are inclined to put some side draft Webber carbs on them with a mandrel turned exhaust and who knows what else, the little cars sound meaner than hell too!

Guest JessterCPA

Those side draft manifolds are real hard to find. Most modders simply put a down draft 2bbl weber on top, a Stahl header, and a Ansa exhaust, and drove it like a demon.

Lost of guys are now throwing in the S14 from the Gen 1 M3 into 2002's. I like that setup as well.

Those side draft manifolds are real hard to find. Most modders simply put a down draft 2bbl weber on top, a Stahl header, and a Ansa exhaust, and drove it like a demon.

Lost of guys are now throwing in the S14 from the Gen 1 M3 into 2002's. I like that setup as well.

The side draft Webber setup that I looked at had a custom fabricated air box, and it was a 4bbl set up. Individual throttles for each cylinder. That guy had a ton of motor work into the car.

Sweet! Good thing it was a Euro-spec 2002, otherwise a '74 would have been the first year w/ the fugly federally mandated 5 mph bumpers. There's a reason why classic car enthusiasts refer to 74 and later U.S. spec cars as "fat chicks." :lol:

Guest JessterCPA
Sweet! Good thing it was a Euro-spec 2002, otherwise a '74 would have been the first year w/ the fugly federally mandated 5 mph bumpers. There's a reason why classic car enthusiasts refer to 74 and later U.S. spec cars as "fat chicks." :lol:

True but putting on the small bumpers is an easy swap for most of those 74-76 '02's.

I dunno, I think some of the BMW bumpers with gas pistons inside are unique in their own right. Definately not something that you would see today.

Archived