LegacyGT.com

Some questions on the LGT.

HtrdlncN281

Hello, I'm looking at getting an 05 Legacy GT Limited with about 73k on the clock with the 5spd auto (the fiancee and I have to both be able to drive it) Just wondering if there's any common trouble spots on these cars that I should look for when i go to look at/test drive it.

There was a recall on the radiator fans running all the time. The fix was change out the ECU and the fan relays. All the keys (3) had to be reflashed when the ECU was changed. If you take the VIN to Subaru they should be able to verify the work was done.

Some people claim headlights burn out too frequently. Some say the above recall fixed that problem. I never had the issue.

Rear wheel bearing are (extended) guarantee until 100,000 miles. When they go bad you won't be able to hear yourself think.

thats not too many things....... are these cars pretty reliable? My Lincoln constantly ate alternators (4 in one year, thanks to crappy reman's) Do they deal with mileage well? Are these cars easy to work on? I'm a shadetree mechanic and usually do all car work by myself. Also, how much slower is the auto than the manual?

Went and test drove a 2005 unlimited GT sedan yesterday with 108k on the clock (judging by the shape the car is in, it looks it was a distance commuter).......car looked extremely clean, didnt sound like it was beaten at all, and it had a good amount of get up and go....... Overall, I was impressed with the car......... How low should I try to get the price on this? Its going for 12k on the lot, I'd like to get him down to 10.

with that many miles 12k is too high. I sold my 05 5EAT with 35000 miles in June (Rockland Co, NY) for $14.5. I would be wary of any turbo motor with 108k. Prob needs a new block (rings minimum) and a new turbo real soon. If you go for it I would offer 9k and go from there (I love to piss off car salesman).

Archived