LegacyGT.com

Got tuned today at P&L

CapnJack

I was finally able to get my car on the dyno today. This is something I've been waiting for since about six months after I bought it in July of 2007. The factory stutter has annoyed me and I have never been overly impressed with the SI drive. I never thought it worked the way it should. Jorge took care of everything today and I am grins from ear to ear.

Car is a 2007 Legacy GT 5MT

Mods include:

AVO panel filter

AVO TMIC

AVO throttle-body hose(from TMIC to throttle-body)

Cobb Catted DP

Subaru SPT Catback

AVO turbo inlet tube

I actually went to P&L about a month ago for a tune and they found a 1" cut on the bottom of my stock inlet tube near the turbo during the pre-dyno inspection. I'm not sure where it came from or how it got there, but I really suspect it came from the factory like that. The tear looked very old. I recommend the pre-dyno inspection to anyone. At the point they found the tear in the intake tube, Jorge told me he would not put my car on the dyno that day and we rescheduled until after I could get the problem fixed. I've had some problems in the past with the car and I suspect this is where they were coming from(lean codes in winter and overboost).

Anyway, today was the day. I had another PDI done and the car was strapped up. Jorge made about a dozen pulls and came out with the following:

I mode - 241AWHP / 208AWT

S mode - 244AWHP / 242AWT

S# mode - 258AWHP / 287AWT

The car feels so much smoother now. THE FACTORY STUTTER IS GONE! :icon_chee I'm especially excited about the I mode to test out in winter. Even running snow tires last year, the car felt squirrely sometimes with the Cobb OTS maps.

Thanks again P&L!

5677929_2007LegacyGT5MT.thumb.jpg.ca3f9bd437874b39e9c35eaaa3c70a04.jpg

Glad to hear the good news about P&L. They are one of the closest reputable places to Omaha for a dyno tune.

Interesting about the difference between S and S#. I've never seen this before. I was under the impression that they both allowed 100% requested torque, just S# hit it at a bit less throttle % than S. I'm currently in the middle of an Infamous etune, and have been doing all my logs in S. Does it really make a difference in S#?

Its just they way Jorge tuned it. It won't hit peak boost (19PSI) in S mode, it will only hit peak in S#. In S mode, its almost like the WG is driven right off the turbo housing. It peaks at about 12PSI. Makes for a nice driving car on the highway in S and allows balls out action when you need it with S#.

I came out with pretty much the same numbers. That's his signature torque curve! You'll love the driveability of it now! The power delivery makes so much more sense!

make sure you take the car on some twisties, thats there his torque curve configuration really feels right.

I found another perk of the tune yesterday while driving 200 miles to visit my parents. The car got 29.7 mpg on the highway in I mode with the cruise set at 72MPH. I can get used to this pretty quickly! :)

P&L is great for sure. I had an 18G put in and the guy who did my swap did not know about the pill at the time, nor did i, and thank god i had the PDI! They did not charge me dyno time while they put in my boost solenoid. The tune price was unbeatable. Jorge and the crew there are great! It is a whole new car you have now!

The car is def much more fun to drive now. The torque is awesome!

As for other mods...

I just did a brake upgrade to DBA rotors with Hawk pads and stainless braided lines. (Stage 2 package from Fred Beans) I will also be upgrading the swaybars and installing 18" Prodrives with new tires, but probably not until after winter.

Archived