LegacyGT.com

Weekend Trip

My wife and I finally got a weekend trip to Vermont in this past weekend. It is also my first long trip in my new Suby.

We drove from Just South West of Boston up 495 to 93 to 89 to Burlington VT. The drive is approximately 255 miles each way going from MA into NH and onto VT. We had sunny weather until we hit VT when it switched to scattered showers and sunny patches. It was mostly overcast the whole way back.

My car only had 1249 miles as we set off early Sat morning. I filled up (93 @ $2.69/gallon at BJ's gas) and hit the highway. I have to say I really loved the way my 3.0R performed for the trip. The engine provided great performance for this GT type trip. I had plenty of passing power for the usual snoozers in the left lane that won't move over. Gas mileage wise the car did a good job as well. I was averaging 77Mph with peaks upto 85Mph on open roads in VT (and one long down hill that I could see had no cops or traffic upto 100mph). Consumption was at 25.8Mpg (Actual calculated by me at fill up) and 26.4 via car's computer. Considering the mileage on the car that was pretty good. I'm expecting another 1 - 2 Mpg once the car has 3K - 5K miles or more on it and the engine is fully broken in.

My only complaint was that I find the seat's bottom cushions do not provide my gas pedal leg enough support and after 3 hours I found my right leg getting fatigued. In mid Sept I'm driving up to visit family in Toronto Canada and that is an 8 hour drive so we'll see how my leg feels then. Anyone else find this problem on longer drives with the seat?

Thanks for listening to the long winded road trip story.

My wife and I finally got a weekend trip to Vermont in this past weekend. It is also my first long trip in my new Suby.

We drove from Just South West of Boston up 495 to 93 to 89 to Burlington VT. The drive is approximately 255 miles each way going from MA into NH and onto VT. We had sunny weather until we hit VT when it switched to scattered showers and sunny patches. It was mostly overcast the whole way back.

My car only had 1249 miles as we set off early Sat morning. I filled up (93 @ $2.69/gallon at BJ's gas) and hit the highway. I have to say I really loved the way my 3.0R performed for the trip. The engine provided great performance for this GT type trip. I had plenty of passing power for the usual snoozers in the left lane that won't move over. Gas mileage wise the car did a good job as well. I was averaging 77Mph with peaks upto 85Mph on open roads in VT (and one long down hill that I could see had no cops or traffic upto 100mph). Consumption was at 25.8Mpg (Actual calculated by me at fill up) and 26.4 via car's computer. Considering the mileage on the car that was pretty good. I'm expecting another 1 - 2 Mpg once the car has 3K - 5K miles or more on it and the engine is fully broken in.

My only complaint was that I find the seat's bottom cushions do not provide my gas pedal leg enough support and after 3 hours I found my right leg getting fatigued. In mid Sept I'm driving up to visit family in Toronto Canada and that is an 8 hour drive so we'll see how my leg feels then. Anyone else find this problem on longer drives with the seat?

Thanks for listening to the long winded road trip story.

I travel 450 miles from NY to Maine regularly in the car. Never noticed a problem with my right leg. I notice my lower back starts to hurt and I need to play with my seating position sometimes. I'm only 20....

I've noticed my right leg gets tired, but I just raised the front part of the seat to raise my legs. Feels a lot more comfortable now.

Good to know it's not only me. :lol:

I've tried a few adjustments but that was raising and lowering the whole seat. I'll try your approach.

I regularly travel to an from our mountain place from South Florida! 12.5 hours one way and we drive strait thru with no problems!

But I am only 69 years old!

How tall are you may be a better question im 6'3 i had leg fatigue but only when not using the cruise control. Im only 25.......:eek::wub::lol:

Archived