LegacyGT.com

08 LGT - Door sill plates getting corroded?

Hey all,

Yes, yes, I should post pictures of this :)

My 2008 Door Sill plates are showing corrosion on the driver's side all around the edges. I thought they were aluminum, but damn if this doesn't look like rust to me. I tried to pick at it with my fingernail and it appears to be under the layer of lamination on top of the aluminum.

I'm getting pissed at this car for corrosion right now. 28k miles, 16 months old, and all 4 wheels have corrosion spreading out from under the center cap of the wheel, and now the door sills aren't holding up.

Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions/ideas?

Joe

The dealership will fix corrosion on the wheels?

Yes they are doing mine on friday! all four of them.

And i keep mine in good shape too, what they told was when the tires get rotated that the center caps need pushed out from the back other wise if you use a screw driver this is what happenes.

I've an '08 with the same problems!

I kept my plastic on the sill plates for 9 months and still i'm seeing rust... also my wheels are being refinished courtesy of SOA. Don't just get new ones as they'll end up doing it again!!

I'm also having problems with rock chips on my clearcoat. I'm in the process of working with SOA on that too. They initially denied my claim but they seem to be working with me now - I'll provide updates.

You don't need to remove the center cap to rotate the tires at all, and the only time my tires have been rotated I've done them myself. A screwdriver has never touched my wheels.

Hey I know that but thats just what he said...and then i said "Well, I havnt had my tires rotated" and then he said "well they are replacing them anyway...."

Archived