LegacyGT.com

Tire opinions, plz

Mosca

Although I'm not going to mod my car in the traditional sense (2.5i Limited), I am definitely going to improve it in any way I can.

In my other community, the Miata community, where tires and wheels are as important for performance as adding a turbo, the hot tickets for tires are Falken Azenis, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s, and Bridgestone S-03s.

Are there any experiences with these tires? Are there better choices for this particular car? I'm looking for ultimate performance summer tires; I'll save the original tires for winter (I have a set of mid '90s GT rims for them).

TIA,

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

^^^ What he said, I think you'll find that a lot of people are putting all-seasons on, too. I went with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S and it handles much better than the stockers on both wet and dry, but that doesn't do you much good if you want summer only, now does it.

-Weston

Actually, I searched W&T for posts "from the beginning", and used "tire" and "recommendations", figuring that "tire" was too general. I got 16 hits, which I did think was a bit odd. Since I was thinking about specific tires that I'm familiar with (albeit on a different vehicle), I thought I'd ask. I'll try "best tire".

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

I'd look at running 17" wheels and tires if you're going to put max performance summer tires on your car. That would make the biggest performance different to me. I have stock sized Pzero Neros M+S tires on my 2.5i. They were a nice upgrade from the 92crappy2s but they don't come close to the performance of the S03s.

I run 16" Dunlop SP5000s on my WRX during the winter and 215/45-17 Toyo T1s on during the summer. There is a significant performance jump between those 2 sets of wheels and tires.

Archived