LegacyGT.com

Kumho v Yoko v Conti v Nitto

vr4Legacy

Which tire would be best for all season mild winter driving?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which tire would be best for all season mild winter driving?

• Kumho Ecsta ASX
    • Yokohama AVID W4S
    • Continental ContiExtremeContact
    • Nitto NeoGen

I am looking for new tires and need some input. I've been searching here and found some great info to help me narrow down... I would appreciate some specific feedback vs the 4 tires listed.

Kumho ASX

Yokohama AVID W4S

Continental ContiExtremeContact

Nitto NeoGen

This is for my stock '08 LGT with stock rims. 215/45/17

I am currently running Kumho AST's and haven't been completely satisfied with the wear... how much difference would I see out of the ASX's? Also I need an all season that can handle some potholes. I got a bubble in one of my AST's within a few thousand miles and one NASTY pothole, dented rim and all. Luckily the rim was savable.

I'm looking at the first three from Tire Rack.... and I am thinking of getting Road Hazard (see above problem) however the Contis don't offer it? Anyone get road hazard from Tire Rack? Feedback?

My local tire shop offered the Nitto's at a similar price once shipping is taken into consideration..... As I understand it though, they aren't the best winter tires? I'll be living in the Southeastern Ohio area....

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

well with an overwhelming 2 votes per tire and nothing negative about the Nitto's, I'm gonna give them a shot.

The Kumho's gave me good handling all year, but I now have two bubbles on my sidewall, and they seemed to have worn rather quickly (I know the AST's are diff)

I stopped today and talked to the local tire shop and he's knocking some off the price and by the time I take shipping and TireRack's cost for road hazard, they are a few bucks cheaper.

Archived