LegacyGT.com

96 Legacy Cruise, No Cruise light and no cruise

luvsubby

No Check engine light just no cruise light and no cruise. Is the steering wheel control vulnerable to malfunctions? I haven't been out to the car for a couple of days. (Stored) so I've not checked the fuse again to see if it blew.

Okay Guys, Here's one for ya. The cruise control didn't light up cause ya hafta turn it ONN! Okay so now I have a light and no cruise. I bought a book and looked up cruise control. In the book it has 6 easy steps. Step one of course is the explanation of what a cruise control does. Step two says check the fuse. Fuse was good. Step three is check the actuator cable for binding. That was okay. Step four is check the brake and clutch switches. I get down and stand on my head and see the switches all hooked up nice as ya please. but something is strange. The clutch switch plunger is sticking through the hole in the tab that usually has a plastic button pushed into it. HA! that could be the problem! So I find in my many nuts and bolts, a screw about the right size and push the pedal down to put the screw in. I cut a short piece of vacuum hose and screwed it over the threads of the screw and presto! So I have cruise control now and I hope the screw doesn't shear the plunger off the switch until I can find a better solution. I don't know if Subaru has the proper part but if they do I'll see if they can get me one.

Now I feel better and my subby is happy.

Glad all worked out fine. Ya know, that one would've stumped a lot of people for a loooooong looooooooong time on these forums had you not figured it out on your own. Without seeing the car it can be hard to find those things. I'm sure eventually someone would've told you to check those switches, but it probably would've been a while.

Archived