LegacyGT.com

Those w/IPT tranny...

Goyim

I haven't even scratched the tip of the iceberg as far as 5EAT knowledge goes. There is a lot more to learn, just hard to come by the info.

Try out what I decribed and let me know if you can tell when your TQ is locking up. Remember that it may take a few seconds of steady driving to get it to lock up and you may even have to encourage it by letting off the throttle so the revs go down about 200rpms. I got so good at reading mine, I can do it on absolute command :D

That is odd. You are saying that if you have it on cruise control and are going on a level road, the rpms are not locked and rock-solid at a certain RPM? They just kinda wobble around? You might be looking at a torque converter issue indeed.

Yeah, if I keep a steady foot or use cruise control the revs literally go up and down slightly. But it is very obvious and makes for a very annoying ride.

Yeah, if I keep a steady foot or use cruise control the revs literally go up and down slightly. But it is very obvious and makes for a very annoying ride.

the revs will always rise and fall as the road rise and declines.

On cruise control, my car will do that with elevation changes. Not so much with my steady foot, though.

the revs will always rise and fall as the road rise and declines.

It happens on flat road at constant speed. Very annoying indeed. I am hoping it is a TQ converter issue and not a slipping 5th gear.

Archived