LegacyGT.com

installation quote

rallyInspired

it should take a pro less than 1.5 hours to install if the struts are already fully assembled. I've done it myself in little more than that. Its a really easy DIY if you change your mind
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

hey rally, grats on the purchase! would you mind writing up a review on those struts/springs? or PM me of your view on that combo after some drives? im thinking about getting eibach's too with either bilstein or konis.. thanks!

I will be purchacing Blistien HDs and, most likely, Cobb springs from FBparts next month. I already got a quote from my local shop and they said $65 a corner (this is the complete kit where you don't have to tear down the stockers).

PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW :)

I am very excited, but if you didn't end up liking the set-up I would go in a different direction (probably). Do you have f/r sways or any other suspension upgrades already?

it should take a pro less than 1.5 hours to install if the struts are already fully assembled. I've done it myself in little more than that. Its a really easy DIY if you change your mind

What this guy said. We did it in 2 hours with air tools and a lunch break. $200-300 seems reasonable.

well every shop has been quoting me like 500 dollars or more, but i just called a shop in denver who said they would do the whole thing plus 4 wheel alignment for 250. this seems suspiciously low

Denver is cheaper cause they don't charge "Mountain Tax" :lol:

well the kit is officially installed! I was looking for a kit that would not lower the car too much because i live in vail, and this turned out to be the perfect solution.

If you are looking for a "slammed" look then i would recommend using a different spring. The difference in handling is night and day. The ride has been firmed up quite a bit, and body roll significantly reduced. While i was testing it on I-70 headed back up to the mountains i would take turns and think to myself that the bodyroll was still there, and would look at the speedometer only to realize that i was doing about 20mph more than i normally would, and it still felt more controlled. Also it was a very windy day and typically my car would have been blown all over the road, but with the new setup the only indication of wind was seeing trees blowing around. The ride still feels comfortable enough, but when you hit a bump or crack you are going to feel it and hear it more, but this comes with the territory. One thing to note is that the front rides a little bit higher than the rear, and you can see the yellow shock pretty clearly if you look in the gap in the front. Im sure that with time the springs will settle a little bit, but overall i am very pleased with the ride height and improved handles.

Do you mind PMing me what shop told you this quote? I am getting some coils soon, and am looking for a shop in Denver to get them installed. Thanks!

well every shop has been quoting me like 500 dollars or more, but i just called a shop in denver who said they would do the whole thing plus 4 wheel alignment for 250. this seems suspiciously low

Archived